Jacob._.merc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2017
I just thought of putting a Mom Olive pickle jar in my aquarium. The aquarium has 2 peacocks, an oscar, a sleeper goby, a callicthys cat, Raphael cat and 2 blood parrots. Will it be safe for them or is the glass different from the actual aquarium glass? I also have another set up with three bichirs. Which would it do better in?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I think any glass should be fine as far as I know. I had a glass coffee (old milk container type) bottle in my tank for a short time. I thought my baby jd would like it and then I could still see her. But it wasn’t popular because it is see-through so it doesn’t provide the feeling of security that my fish was looking for.

Reactions: tlindsey

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
How big is the tank? If the jar is small enough and is purely glass without plastic or paper labels then I don't see why not

Reactions: tlindsey

BMG94

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2018
Honestly it depends on where and who made it, there are actually believe it or not glass cups and jars that contain lead I discovered this a few years ago when I was going to reheat some cold coffee in the microwave as I was about to put it in I noticed a engraving or whatever saying do not microwave and something along the lines of contains lead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store