Going a bit crazy on the lures

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
The armory has been made
View attachment 1498809
Everything fits perfectly, finally found a use for my pinboard. Everything goes up there when I'm not using it, and I keep a loadout of around nine lures in the tacklebox.
Tacklebox itself:
View attachment 1498822
3/9 lures in here have caught fish for me, 1 hasn't caught anything, the rest haven't even touched the water yet. Hoping to change that this week. I also have my emerald red LT frog tied on the rod itself.
Cool little tackle box. Any strikes on that field mouse? Got one a while back in I think a mystery tackle box. Haven’t thought to throw it. I’m sure bass find their fair share of small rodents. I really should give it a shot.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Cool little tackle box. Any strikes on that field mouse? Got one a while back in I think a mystery tackle box. Haven’t thought to throw it. I’m sure bass find their fair share of small rodents. I really should give it a shot.
I personally haven't gotten anything on it, that's one of the brand new ones. Got it today, tried getting out today but got rained on a couple minutes in and had to leave.
However, I was inspired to get it by my cousin, as I got the cheap bootleg one for him a few years back. He decided to finally break it out on our Florida trip this year, and proceeded to catch four 3 - 5 lbers on it in around 2 hours.
Screenshot_20220707-001343.jpg
He only stopped catching them when an even bigger fish snapped his line.

Reactions: Matth05

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
I personally haven't gotten anything on it, that's one of the brand new ones. Got it today, tried getting out today but got rained on a couple minutes in and had to leave.
However, I was inspired to get it by my cousin, as I got the cheap bootleg one for him a few years back. He decided to finally break it out on our Florida trip this year, and proceeded to catch four 3 - 5 lbers on it in around 2 hours.
View attachment 1498827
He only stopped catching them when an even bigger fish snapped his line.
Dang, textbook Florida bass, dark color and a huge head lol. I’m gonna make it a mission to try out that field mouse. Got out for a little today as well but there was some gale force winds up here in New Jersey.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Dang, textbook Florida bass, dark color and a huge head lol. I’m gonna make it a mission to try out that field mouse. Got out for a little today as well but there was some gale force winds up here in New Jersey.
I'm afraid I can't find the original one that caught all those fish, I went to go buy one myself but couldn't find any anywhere. I think they may be discontinued. Hence why I went with the livetarget one. Livetarget one is nice, standard livetarget hollow body. I ended up cutting the legs to actual mouse length because mouse lures naturally have more of a rolling retrieve as opposed to a bob or walk. Felt that since the thing wasn't going to be walking anyway, it didn't need the length on the legs. I'll see how it performs and get back to you the next time I get out.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Being where I am, the type of fishing changes from lake to lake. I got over 300 lakes within a 1h drive to choose from. I can go from salmon and trout to crappie, walleye, pike, musky and bass in 30 minutes. I choose what I’m going for every time I go out and only bring 10 or so baits for that particular fish with me onto the kayaks. Usually a few duplicates included in that amount to account for any losses. I got a little something for everything in my main tackle box but I mainly throw crankbaits, tubes, and spinners. I just swapped out over 100 hooks on some old rapalas last weekend.

I tend to bring 3 rods with me wheI go out.

7’2” medium heavy legend st.croix xtreme with Daiwa coastal TWS 150 (crankbait and jerk bait rod)

7’ medium heavy with daiwa 150 (soft baits/skipping rod)

7’2” heavy action legend xtreme with ardent edge (soon to be swapped with Daiwa 150 or 200) used with spinners.

girlfriend uses a 7’ medium heavy IKE rod with Abu IKE reel

these rods are always in my vehicle. Never know when I want to stop at a lake after work and try from the bank.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
And a few spares on the wall. The top one was the first ever baitcaster rod I owned. I spray painted it red and black when I was 8 years old to match a bass pro baitcaster reel my parents bought me for my birthday that year (the bionic). I should still have that reel kicking around somewhere. With that said if someone has one or finds one for sale in working condition let me know the price and I’ll grab it off ya!

The rod has since been spray painted gold and silver to match a reel I won 2 years ago. Heavy combo in terms of power and weight. The rod and reel weighs more than the 3 rods above combined but I can’t see myself ever getting rid of it. The thing bends like an original ugly stick, impossible to break! The number of fish I’ve pulled in on that rod could likely set a record. I used it everyday growing up on the water.

the one below is 7’ tournament bass with ardent elite. And below that a 7’4” heavy power with ardent edge.

84DB1C1F-5CA3-4012-8BFA-AA82E4517452.jpeg

Last edited:

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
With all this said. I know a lot of you are younger than I. Some significantly younger. I most definitely did not buy everything overnight nor do I recommend it. I have collected everything over many years of fishing. I have been fishing since I could walk. My brother and I would sit on the dock catching fish with bamboo sticks broken off from the butterfly nets you buy at dollarama. A piece of line about 4’ long was tied on and secured with tape and a hook added. We would walk around at night with flashlights after rain and flip logs and rocks over all day to collect worms. We would then place the stick in the water to act as a bobber. We would wait till the stick twitched or moved and then lift up. A few times the fish were so big we would be dragged towards the water. I must have been no older than 4 at that time. That’s how I started off.

It’s not about what you own but the memories you make from it. It’s very easy to get caught up in the newest shiniest products these days. I’d trade it all to relive those memories I have as a kid sitting on the dock with my brother. Running to my dads shop every time we caught a decent sized fish.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
First time I have ever taken a pic of my tackle box. You can tell what I do the least of just based on what I have. I rarely throw soft baits. The girlfriend has far more options in that category than I. I have one more box full of large salmon and trout spoons.

38A12E0D-3E17-43F5-916D-114A5B8BCDE5.jpeg

EE8D431A-DBA0-4C38-BAEA-5A86CFACCD7E.jpeg

4346CBD9-F829-41B6-B773-34A5059B8D8C.jpeg

14F8CF96-89A0-48B2-9712-B9C480E7C79A.jpeg

6AD63774-1231-4DB8-B044-FB6F6AC2B6E8.jpeg

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
I
First time I have ever taken a pic of my tackle box. You can tell what I do the least of just based on what I have. I rarely throw soft baits. The girlfriend has far more options in that category than I. I have one more box full of large salmon and trout spoons.

View attachment 1499384

View attachment 1499385

View attachment 1499386

View attachment 1499387

View attachment 1499388
I’m actually the opposite. I rarely throw moving baits other than top water lures. Most of the time I’m throwing soft plastic worms or some kind of jig. Always cool seeing someone that has soft plastic tubes in their tackle box too. Smallmouth are my favorite species to catch and tubes almost always get the job done.

Reactions: Lepisosteus

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Here is my favorite jig. It’s a 10oz shimano knife jig. You can use it for anything, however, I use it for rockfish and lingcod. Below are 2 catches. 20”+. Cameras don’t do them justice.

2F48EB71-5F70-48A2-89D1-B5B90A5BD449.jpeg

30F38A3A-20AB-456A-96C0-90C59C15FF7F.jpeg

727B1593-9818-402C-86B6-D531182E1D0E.jpeg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store