Golden trimac =______x______

raja

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2013
chennai
What were the cichlids used to create a golden trimac? My guess is trimac x red devil and some inbreeding. What do you think?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Amphilophus is in there, but it would be Midas (A. citrinellus) not red devil (A. labiatus). So hard to say what the origin is in some of these line bred FH.
Funny, the following vendor lists one of my fish from years back (a LFS midevil) as a Golden Phoenix Flowerhorn. WTF? LOL Not only did they steal my image, they got the fish ID wrong, in fact, way wrong.
https://www.azgardens.com/product/golden-phoenix-flowerhorn/

Reactions: JGotti and Twonvito

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Kind of cool, looks nothing like a trimac to me though.
RD, I would write them an email threatening to sue them and see if they take it down. Pisses me off that they would grab a picture off the internet (of a different species no less) to sell people something completely different.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I honestly can't be bothered, I just thought that it was bizarre. Clearly that fish is a creamsicle "midas", or midevil, not a golden based Flowerhorn. They only made themselves look like fools.

Reactions: Twonvito

raja

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2013
chennai
Amphilophus is in there, but it would be Midas (A. citrinellus) not red devil (A. labiatus). So hard to say what the origin is in some of these line bred FH.
Funny, the following vendor lists one of my fish from years back (a LFS midevil) as a Golden Phoenix Flowerhorn. WTF? LOL Not only did they steal my image, they got the fish ID wrong, in fact, way wrong.
https://www.azgardens.com/product/golden-phoenix-flowerhorn/
 :D golden Phoenix  io_O

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store