Goliath update...

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
Wow, had no idea Goliath was gone. Sorry to hear, he seemed like an interesting fish. Like F FishyBoy said, I immediately thought of maybe siliconing bats of pond pads along the walls.
Yeah it passed on Dec 27th, exactly two years after a friend of mine lost his 2' gatf. Crazy right?! He was fascinating to observe and witness its mannerisms...... I definitely miss him but not the responsibility it came with....

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
I found some Hydrolycus Armatus for sale on predatory fins and maybe you will like them?

View attachment 1522588

View attachment 1522589

View attachment 1522590

View attachment 1522591
I've had a few of them. They are more of a liability against an atf. They attack anything shiny and small, if those two daggers get caught into any fish it's a definite death sentence! They are a pain in the ass like atf. Not to mention I wouldn't order anything from them especially Roddy lol!

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
I've had a few of them. They are more of a liability against an atf. They attack anything shiny and small, if those two daggers get caught into any fish it's a definite death sentence! They are a pain in the ass like atf. Not to mention I wouldn't order anything from them especially Roddy lol!
Being from the UK I would never order from Predatory Fins but I wonder why you wouldnt Phil?

Reactions: fishtankphil

I31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
omni
they will attack larger fish too. Had 16" go after 20" tarpon & thick 18" koi. So Intention of eating neither

Reactions: fishtankphil

fishtankphil

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
USA
they will attack larger fish too. Had 16" go after 20" tarpon & thick 18" koi. So Intention of eating neither
He went after the tarpon because it's too similar of a looking fish. They usually go after the eyes first. I had a 10yr+ black aro in with the tiger and it used to chase the tiger around, which was very odd! Eventually the tiger kept growing and eventually was able to damage one of its eyes. Eye got infected, treated him in a separate bin with antibiotics. It eventually healed. Unfortunately the damage was done. I did put the aro back in with the tiger a d the other fish, one being a lince. Less then two weeks the tiger ate off 1/3 of the aros total length. It was 30" long too. The tiger was similar size. I had to put the aro down. One of my bigger regrets housing that tiger. Obviously I never replaced it and it landed up destroying the lince a month later. The lince was a good 20"+ at the time. Killed him too. That was the last swimming type fish I added until the tiger's death last December. I agree they do go after larger fish bit it's usually because of that animals erratic movements or the shiny scales it has. Never bother a single catfish. It did twice bite the flag tail that is over 18" but it learned and kept the tiger in its view and at nite it would find refuge behind the dw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store