Green Terror with sunken belly. HELP PLEASE!

Jordan82594

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys! I have a juvenile green terror along with 3 blue scars cichlids in my 75 gallon tank. For the last month or 2 my fish have stopped eating. They’ll taste certain foods and then spit it out all together. I then noticed that my green terror has sunken belly which leads me to believe it is parasites so I does the aquarium with Prazipro and I have been for the past 2 weeks or so with no real improvements. The only food they’ll entertain is frozen bloodworms but I know that’s not healthy for them to eat everyday I even tried dipping foods in garlic guard which worked when I got the fish and they had a spell of ich. The terrors poop is also white/clear most of the time but after eating bloodworms his poop becomes a light brownish. I’m really stumped because I’ve tried fixing the problem for a couple months now with no improvements. They all act normal and show no signs of being sick but they just won’t eat. They taste the food and then spit it out. I’ve even tried dipping the bloodworms in prazi since it’s the only thing they eat but I guess they hate the taste because they immediately spit it out.

Thanks for any help any of you guys can give I really appreciate it. I posted 2 pictures with one showing the sunken belly sort of. His fins usually cover it.

E818869C-8F6C-48FD-A1C6-BE5253B30E83.jpeg

3095B884-253C-4461-A76C-C23A513C9A76.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
That GT has some wasting for sure. Would add some metronidazole/levamisole and Epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g to the tank. Would try mixing hex shield and Epsom salt solution(3/4 tsp epsom salt and 1/2cup distilled water) with seachem focus. Hope the appetite comes back and will start eating. Keep the water pristine. My suggestion for now.

Jordan82594

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
What do you mean by waiting? As in it will take a while for him to get better? Thanks for the help btw. I’ve tried salt as well. I haven’t tried the other stuff though

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
What do you mean by waiting? As in it will take a while for him to get better? Thanks for the help btw. I’ve tried salt as well. I haven’t tried the other stuff though
Corrected it. I meant wasting as in a wasting syndrome from like cancer/aids. Not that ur fish has cancer or aids just a description.

Jordan82594

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Corrected it. I meant wasting as in a wasting syndrome from like cancer/aids. Not that ur fish has cancer or aids just a description.
Gotcha. Okay thanks. Hopefully I can get him to eat a proper diet again somehow

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would api general cure work for the metronidazole/levamisole?
Think this was discussed and the amount dosed was a smaller dose compared to buying metro/levamisole by itself. I can’t be sure about this.

Reactions: Jordan82594

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Would api general cure work for the metronidazole/levamisole?
levamisole is different from metronidazole, and they both treat different parasites. Metro is best ingested, so getting Seachem focus and Seachem metroplex, and mixing in bloodworm into a dry paste. If you can get API general cure now, treat the water, and then get the other. If you don't see improvements in 2 weeks, then purchase levamisole, which is sold as cattle dewormer Prohibit.

Reactions: Jordan82594 and RD.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I'm trying this food out with a fish I have with a sunken stomach. Not sure how it works yet. It has metro, Epsom salt, garlic and levamisole.

Good mix if it works out well.

Reactions: Jordan82594
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store