Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
Electric Blue is the new fad. Its a beautiful fish and I don't think it gets too large. Just read up on experiences of people who have had them.

Guys isn't the regular(green) acara, just a different name for the green terror?

And ragin if you want you could keep one female Green Terror in your setup, if you prefer it over the Electric Blue.
I believe the regular Acar is the PORT ACARA. Way smaller than the GT and way less agressive.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
Blue acara with a texas x pink convict in a 20 gal acrylic I had a few years ago.IMG_20160330_162242210.jpg

Ragincajun92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
My firemouth Is only 2 1/2 to 3” max. I got him when he was super small. If it becomes a problem I will remove the firemouth

Ragincajun92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
The firemouth is pretty cool fish but I just really prefer the green terror and the acara seems to be just like it. Hopefully they will both get along so I can keep both

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
The firemouth is pretty cool fish but I just really prefer the green terror and the acara seems to be just like it. Hopefully they will both get along so I can keep both
The firemouths mature quicker than a Acara/Green Terror, so if he is bigger and hits maturity, he may end up bullying him. So keep an eye out for that. If that happens you can move him out.

Honestly if you really like a green terror, get one. You can maybe upgrade your tank when it grows up and even if not it will have a better life than 50-60% of the households it would end up in (given how rarely people are warned about how big fishes get).

I believe the regular Acar is the PORT ACARA. Way smaller than the GT and way less agressive.
Hmm. Here the green terror is basically also called a neon Acara.
Had a couple of beautiful green terrors but they picked a fight with my 2 foot Pacu and that didn't end well for them.
I seemed to have had a fair bit of luck with my tank as it had Green Terrors, Firemouths, Oscars, Severums, Jewels and they seemed to live peacefully with each other.
My only guess is the Pacu who was the boss of the tank kept all their aggression in check and only the fool who picked a fight with the Pacu, ended up beaten or dead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store