Green terror?

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
The firemouths mature quicker than a Acara/Green Terror, so if he is bigger and hits maturity, he may end up bullying him. So keep an eye out for that. If that happens you can move him out.

Honestly if you really like a green terror, get one. You can maybe upgrade your tank when it grows up and even if not it will have a better life than 50-60% of the households it would end up in (given how rarely people are warned about how big fishes get).

Hmm. Here the green terror is basically also called a neon Acara.
Had a couple of beautiful green terrors but they picked a fight with my 2 foot Pacu and that didn't end well for them.
I seemed to have had a fair bit of luck with my tank as it had Green Terrors, Firemouths, Oscars, Severums, Jewels and they seemed to live peacefully with each other.
My only guess is the Pacu who was the boss of the tank kept all their aggression in check and only the fool who picked a fight with the Pacu, ended up beaten or dead.
IDK who calls a green terror a neon acara never heard of it. Green terrors get BIG. Acaras do not. and yes i agree get a GT if you want one, upgrade later or put it up for adoption.
I also agree that most stores will not tell you how big the fish gets, they dont care. For example i bought an arow last week (6") and the guy at store just ripped him out of the tank and said "here you go" no questions asked. Luckly for the sake of the fish i bought i know what im doing with him at least got him covered for a couple years in a 180gal long acrylic.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
The firemouths mature quicker than a Acara/Green Terror, so if he is bigger and hits maturity, he may end up bullying him. So keep an eye out for that. If that happens you can move him out.

Honestly if you really like a green terror, get one. You can maybe upgrade your tank when it grows up and even if not it will have a better life than 50-60% of the households it would end up in (given how rarely people are warned about how big fishes get).

Had a couple of beautiful green terrors but they picked a fight with my 2 foot Pacu and that didn't end well for them.
I seemed to have had a fair bit of luck with my tank as it had Green Terrors, Firemouths, Oscars, Severums, Jewels and they seemed to live peacefully with each other.
My only guess is the Pacu who was the boss of the tank kept all their aggression in check and only the fool who picked a fight with the Pacu, ended up beaten or dead.
IDK who calls a green terror a neon acara never heard of it. Green terrors get BIG. Acaras do not. and yes i agree get a GT if you want one, upgrade later or put it up for adoption.

I also agree that most stores will not tell you how big the fish gets, they dont care. For example i bought an arow last week (6") and the guy at store just ripped him out of the tank and said "here you go" no questions asked. Luckly for the sake of the fish i bought i know what im doing with him at least got him covered for a couple years in a 180gal long acrylic.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018

Hidan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2018
IDK who calls a green terror a neon acara never heard of it.
My guess is that you will have to answer a lot of questions about aggression about a fish called green terror, than you would have about a fish you call Neon acara. Probably a trick of a few fish stores in my city to sell off the green terrors to unsuspecting customers and then the name just became commonly used.

I also agree that most stores will not tell you how big the fish gets, they dont care.
Yup, its how I ended up buying a 1 inch Pacu for my 2 foot tank, with no idea that he would grow to 2 feet and live for more than a decade.
Can't complain though as he ended up being my favorite fish and made a larger tank for him once he outgrew that 2 footer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store