Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
When to petco to buy some food for the birds, and also went to looked at the fishs section to see anything on sale. Saw couple blue jack demspys for 20 dollar each. But the jack had lot off ick on them. So i ask one off the worker there is it possible to sell me the fishs for half off since is sick with ick. She said they don't sell sick fishs, so i though it was kinda weird, so i went to ask a different person. The other person they sell it half priced but no return. I told her that is fine, i just don't it die. Here is the pictures off them. So i got 20 for both.View attachment 1231168
Good on you for rescuing them and getting a discount too lol. Most of the time when they get sick like that at the chain stores they don't make it since most employees don't know what to do or can't help them anyway because of stupid corporate policies. I almost picked up a regular jd in a similar situation but someone bought him before I could.

I once saved a molly from petsmart that had a ton of babies after being covered in ich and funguses! She lived about 1 more year and the baby one I kept from that batch lived for almost 4 years! Must have had actually good genetics, that one looked more like a wild type molly too, brown with dalmatian markings. One of my favorite fish.

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
I've had better luck with local Petsmarts than any other chain around. I'll also note that it seems that they do a significantly amount more for animal welfare than local competitors as well. I won't shop at a store that sells puppies out of tiny cages so it rules a few others out. Other than a large aquarium specialty store, I've had a lot of luck with my Petsmart.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I've had better luck with local Petsmarts than any other chain around. I'll also note that it seems that they do a significantly amount more for animal welfare than local competitors as well. I won't shop at a store that sells puppies out of tiny cages so it rules a few others out. Other than a large aquarium specialty store, I've had a lot of luck with my Petsmart.
I agree about not buying from pet stores with caged puppies/kitties. If they are up for adoption with a small fee yeah but buying a puppy just supports puppy mills and the like. Should be illegal IMO with so many strays.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Add lot off salt and turn up the heat to 90 last nite, Now the fish is happy swimming around and all the ick is gone too.
Remember to keep the salt concentration stable and do a lot of water changes and vaccuming for the next 2 weeks to prevent it from occuring if you haven't already haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store