MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Looks like a dragon!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
he does have a weird bump to the side of his jaw it does not seem to hurt it does not look inflamed or infected so im just going to wait and see I think it might just be scarring from babys fighting
Keep us posted!

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
he does have a weird bump to the side of his jaw it does not seem to hurt it does not look inflamed or infected so im just going to wait and see I think it might just be scarring from babys fighting
Think the bump could be scales? Sometimes not all the skin comes off in a shed and then the new skin sometimes doesn’t come off the following sheds in that spot and can cause a bump. I’ve had that happen when I used to keep reptiles, a good soak will usually fix it. It’s normally only bad when it happens on the toes, it can constrict circulation and cause toes to fall off.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
ok update he has grown two inchs and is pushing 12" I swapped out his substrate to cypress mulch and sphagnum moss to help with humidity
I had to bulk him up the place we got him did not quite feedhim enough so I had to sort that out he isvery freindly and almost seems to enjoy handling hereishim eating a blend of Cat food, Bok Choy leaves, brussel sprouts, raspberry, crushed dried grass hoppersand carrots yum

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Like I mentioned before, they like snails and eggs to eat too. Ive heard they also eat frogs but thats a bit cruel to the frog.
Im not sure if i would risk feeding him snails from your garden but you should try giving him an egg, it looks freaky as they get the whole thing in their mouth then crush it. Probably start with a smaller sized egg so theres no choking risk, its pretty messy so maybe do it on a day you plan on cleaning up the cage.

Reactions: Kelly_Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store