Guys, I have an emergency...

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
This is a follow up to my "Patience or Panic" thread. It's going panic...after not finding a solution to stop the seeping I did more checking. I thought one of my airdisks was the problem (clogged and throwing up water). No. Was at my wits end until I went to one side of the stand. There was a small pool of water on a side that had been dry for 2-3 days. Then I could see the corner 2 x 4 under the paint is beginning to show. On the other side its perfectly smooth. Right now I'm lowering the tank level to 50%. So it looks like the stand is beginning to fail...I can only guess that the water seepage has messed up the integrity somehow (and the interior is still dry!) I still have no clue if there's standing water under the stand but once its moved I'll find out.

Tomorrow I'm going out to get totes for the fish first thing:nilly:. I really need help, I'm in Washington D.C. and would need assistance to get the tank off of the stand and then move the stand to my garage. I have a dolly and suction cups.

Anyone that can help, PM me...I'll respond as soon as I can tomorrow.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Good luck with fixing the problem and finding help... sadly i dont live anywhere near you being across the other side of the globe and all...

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Good luck with fixing the problem and finding help... sadly i dont live anywhere near you being across the other side of the globe and all...
Thanks...I may give Batfish Aquatics a call. They came out and installed my tank through Custom Aquariums. Right now the tank is down 80% as the leaking is still going on. Some of the fish are temporarily in a tub with airstones, plants and biomedia.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Oh sorry to see this Finwin, I'm sure lots of members would be there quick as they could to help but distance precludes it. So bit of a crisis on hand there but you'll make it through!

Reactions: Matteus and FINWIN

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

A little seepagee can do start the damage, and then it snow balls into a disaster if hidden behind a tank.
I've had to replace 2 stands over about 5 years because of something that started as small as the creep of an airstone mist or tiny splash type drip. That pressed board used to build them, can be a sponge, and easily fall apart.
My latest errant spray below, wthere the top of egg package temporarily block a slight drip onto the stand, as a solution.
fullsizeoutput_1a9c.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1a9d.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Have you identified where the water is coming from
Hi everyone. Update...I'm exhausted after spending the entire night mopping, moving my fish (they'e in a bathtub) and removing everything bio filter. I suspect the true source of the water is the floor condensation from the flood last week. The weeping accelerates when I use the dehumidifier. The tank currently has no water yet the stand still weeps. It's especially bad behind the tank. Inside of the frame you can see areas of dried water seepage but under the tank is bone dry, as are the top corners. There's a small gap space at the bottom of the stand I suspect held water, like a crawlspace. Until its moved I have no ida what the deal is. I suspect approximately 50-60 gallons of water was on the floor (when the tank overflowed for an hour). The standing water was over an inch.Under the tank is a concrete slab overlaid with laminate covered in sheet vinyl. The moisture barrier I think is where water is being held.

I reached Joshua at Batfish Aquatics...he's going to contact his team about coming over to help today or tomorrow.

On a lighter note my cichlids are heavy as hell...I had to use my fishing net for my Oscar Brick. Chip is surpisingly heavydespite his rather thin profile. The catfish cuddle next to Brick in the tub.

I may go with a welded metal stand...not going through this again.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Oh sorry to see this Finwin, I'm sure lots of members would be there quick as they could to help but distance precludes it. So bit of a crisis on hand there but you'll make it through!
Thanks so much... I was a wreck yesterday because the more water I removed the more the stand leaked! I felt like I was racing the clock. Right now the dehumidifier, turbo fan and two vertical fans are running.

Reactions: islandguy11

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

A little seepagee can do start the damage, and then it snow balls into a disaster if hidden behind a tank.
I've had to replace 2 stands over about 5 years because of something that started as small as the creep of an airstone mist or tiny splash type drip. That pressed board used to build them, can be a sponge, and easily fall apart.
My latest errant spray below, wthere the top of egg package temporarily block a slight drip onto the stand, as a soluti
I thought my large air disk was the culprit. It was clogged and chunking up water over the frame. Nope. Back was bone dry. Its like the floor can't dry under the stand so the rising moisture just keeps pouring out. This I believe cause the issue with the stand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store