Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpura Growout!

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Unfortunate news. Highschool started up. I feed 2-3 times a day, depending on how much I feed. I get home at 3:45. All the fry are gone. At least I assume. There could be a few stragglers, but they won't live for long. Super sad. At least I will know what to do next year. :(

• Sad
Reactions: deeda and jjohnwm

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Very very good news! First off, all 6 survived. And…baby fish! I’ve seen atleast 3, maybe 4, and I only looked in the quarter of the tank that’s open. Lots of detritus and algae for them. Should I suction them?

Reactions: Deadeye and bkfamus

bkfamus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Very very good news! First off, all 6 survived. And…baby fish! I’ve seen atleast 3, maybe 4, and I only looked in the quarter of the tank that’s open. Lots of detritus and algae for them. Should I suction them?
I'll defer to the more experienced, but fwiw none of my fry from 4 spawns this summer have survived in my 75 gallon community tank. But two groups that were pulled are doing great growing out with a couple friends..

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Nice! Those look about the same size as, or maybe very slightly larger than, my G.rhabdotus fry. I can't get a picture like that to save my life. :(

Using a cell phone or actual camera?

Reactions: The Masked Shadow
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store