Gymnothorax tile eel question

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Sorry. A little late to the show. Yes should start to acclimate right away once purchasing these eels.
It takes usually several months and the eels start to get skin infections and die off of not acclimated.

Like tlindsey tlindsey mentioned a slow gradual increase in the salinity. Goal should be anywhere on the brackish scale. Some have a goal of 1.010. It varies but should be fine on the lower end. The brackish dose should 3tbsp per 5g. But should check with a hydrometer.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Will it hurt if the water is not premix and i just add the salt directly in the freshwater?

Cause i use the water from my garden hose
Should mix as it mess with ur chemistry (calcium)of the water if i remember right.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Sorry. A little late to the show. Yes should start to acclimate right away once purchasing these eels.
It takes usually several months and the eels start to get skin infections and die off of not acclimated.

Like tlindsey tlindsey mentioned a slow gradual increase in the salinity. Goal should be anywhere on the brackish scale. Some have a goal of 1.010. It varies but should be fine on the lower end. The brackish dose should 3tbsp per 5g. But should check with a hydrometer.
Thank you, ill start doing that this weekend

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store