Hand feeding My Electric Blue Jack Dempsey ( ebjd )

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
I thought that it would be fun, though a bit scary, to hand-feed worms to my 8 inch long Electric Blue Jack Dempsey. He is everyone's favorite fish, but he's a bit of a bully. So, he lives in a tank by himself because he eats anything that goes in with him. It's a great video that I am sure you will enjoy. . .

https://youtu.be/qucpM-N7Nr4

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
Just out of curiosity is your ebjd a picky eater? I have 3 5-7 inch ebjds that seem to not really like food unless it's blood worms. Becoming a real pain in the ass :/
No, he's not at all. My suggestion is to go a few days without feeding him/her and then introduce something new. He could easily go 3 days or more without food, as long as he's well-fed before you make him really hungry in order to try something new. He may even like zucchini !! If he prefers live food, worms may work too, but I would try to get him on something like Hikari cichlid gold pellets for a nice balanced diet. I fed my jack lots of blackworms when he was a baby. I hope this helps.

tvbbnumber41

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2008
Over the rainbow
No, he's not at all. My suggestion is to go a few days without feeding him/her and then introduce something new. He could easily go 3 days or more without food, as long as he's well-fed before you make him really hungry in order to try something new. He may even like zucchini !! If he prefers live food, worms may work too, but I would try to get him on something like Hikari cichlid gold pellets for a nice balanced diet. I fed my jack lots of blackworms when he was a baby. I hope this helps.
Thanks for the response, idk why I haven't tried cichlid gold, but will do just that!

The Dave

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2016
U.S.A
www.youtube.com
Beautiful fish and a gorgeous tank, or is it vice versa?
The tank and fish compliment each other. You don't often see Jack Dempseys in planted tanks, but I prefer to have plants in my aquariums. He constantly picks at the plants and rearranges things, but they are tough plants and they hold up well. Thank you for watching my video.

Reactions: YankeeJack
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store