Hardest fight

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
I've had clients fight forever. But that's what happens in Alaska. Longest fight was over 4 hours on a 365 pound halibut. Had several more big halibut take over an hour. Had some sharks on for about that long. Had one client catch a 30lb king salmon in 6 pound test. That was fun.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
I hooked something in 50 feet of water off Long Island that pulled so hard that I thought it was gonna shake the 20 lb spinning outfit right into the water. Thought I had a big Stingray or Striper...when I got it up it was a tiny 12'' Fluke lol. Real strong current that day, so Flounder can just use their flat bodies to ride the current...we were using 8oz sinkers to get down and the lines were STILL being pulled into eachother. I also caught a Cownose Ray on about 15lb test and it was probably about 30 lbs...what a run, the drag was so darn loud

fishoverlivingspace

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
Madison, WI
I once wrestled a great white onto shore with my bare hands.:ROFL:

Really, though, when I was probably 5 or 6 years old, my uncles dog jumped on me as I was casting out, and I didn't really see where the line went, but saw it kind of leading to some reed grass at the shore, so I reeled in, and as the line got shorter, I felt a tugging on my neck, and I realized the hook had gone right into my throat. I had to fight pretty hard to get the barb out of my neck and after that I had to fight even harder to stop the bleeding :screwy:
Later that day, I caught a 5-6 lb, 24 inch trout in the half acre pond I had been fishing out of with my mickey mouse fishing pole haha..

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
There is a difference from a strong boring fish compared to a real fighting fish, I have heard mention of nurse sharks, and halibuts, not your spectacular fighters.

Catch a good sized bonefish or a big tarpon even a nice permit, those are fighters, not just "pullers".

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
In freshwater it was a 15 lb northern pike on 6 lb line. I had to beach it because I didn't have a landing net.

kafiltafiisch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2008
missouri
steelhead on 6wt rod and 4lb tippet (fly rod)

mbhw

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Freshwater - I've had a few searun rainbow trout put up a tussle, and carp & smallmouth. Most freshies aren't great fighters in my book.

Salt - I've had great fights from tuna, dorado, bluefish, blackfish, herring, jacks, & shark.

Some fish are generally better fighter than others, but its funny, at times I can pull in a 12lb blue with zero effort, yet I've had 5lbers that fought better than 30lb stripers.

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
fighters guys..............not pullers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store