Health of wuddy Fireman's Dream?

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Is anyone who owns a fireman's dream FH willing to talk about their health? I think they are absolutely beautiful but I don't know if they live long and I actually want a FH that lives longer than a couple years.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Looks like a red Texas cichlid. Im sure proper care, water parameters, good food should give you plenty of years with this fish.
Yeah they do look pretty similar to rt lol. They are a line of gold base Flowerhorns though, they also get a good sized head on them that isn't extremely large which I like. I do know that good husbandry does increase the life but it does depend on the Breeder as well. I don't really want to ask wuddy himself even though he is a very reputable breeder just because I don't feel like any breeder will 100% tell you the truth about the health of their line wether they want to or not.

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Inbreeding for consecutive generations cause most of the issue. That's what breeders do with flowerhorns. I guess fireman's dream has some too but not as many as flowerhorns. But end of the day very similar fish.

Reactions: Cichlids keeper

mr cichlid

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I have one for sale and can ship. Attached is picture from previous owner. I don't photograph fish but we can FaceTime in interested, pm me

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I have one for sale and can ship. Attached is picture from previous owner. I don't photograph fish but we can FaceTime in interested, pm me

Sorry I'm not actually looking for one now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store