Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Zero
If yes, what is your nitrite?
Zero
If yes, what is your nitrate?
20 ppm
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
My Datnoid has a pink coloration to the pectoral fins, mouth and the base of his tail. There is constantly flicking or rubbing himself/herself against things in the tank. It’s still eating.. I’ve raised the temp and dosed the tank with salt. I’m not sure what else to do. I don’t want to medicate unnecessarily. None of the other fish show any signs of distress. Please let me know if you have any idea what it might be.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’d suggest posting a pic to help.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
See some pink. Could be septicemia. I’d try some salt, 1 tsp per g, and water changes. If not better in 24hours then I’d consider kanamycin or triple sulfa. Fish getting harassed by other fish? What are u feeding the datnoid?

Odo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2008
Northern Virginia
Thank you very much! I’ve already done the salt and water change. I only noticed a small change in the coloration and the frequency of rubbing. It’s not getting harassed, and it’s eating pellets. It just switched over to pellets. Before, it was only eating market shrimp.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
TO be 100% sure it is not getting harassed, put a camera in front of the tank and watch the tank when no one is in the room. Fish act differently while you are in the room. If you see nothing for a hour or 2, turn off the tank light, and then observe.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store