Help getting oscars to breed.

d033ie

Banned
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2010
Delaware
They can manage with what they have. Seeing the photo of them cleaning the area, I still recommend a larger flat area to nest on. The reason being swimming at a slow speed, their end body lowers. I might be wrong haven't had Oscars in a long time, but it might help. Jexnell knows better then i do, so what he say i would follow.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Actually compared to the last time these are more tan they laid them sometime during the nice ill c how they look throughout the day female tube is still down so prob was recent.

Reactions: Jexnell

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Also ive noticed in videos of people successfully breeding them they do start out white and turn tan sometime later. They arent eating the eggs this time also.

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
Have you ever seen him, move across the top of those eggs. While she was laying them?
Nah they did in the night i did catch them circling the area will just have to wait in 3 days if they hatch Im pretty positive he did his spike was out a little before I went to bed.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Probably means they are fertilized. If not they would just stay the same color as mom laid them. One would think anyways.

This is awesome I never did get to try and breed O's, Toni hated every Oscar I tried with her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store