Help: My datnoid won't eat!

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
If I had a 14-inch datnoid, or a 14-inch anything, in a 40-gallon tank...I would not only expect it to be stressed and uninterested in food, but I'd be fasting it as much as possible in an effort to maintain water quality (such as it is...). I get that the fish is not being kept that way by choice, but that doesn't change the fact that you need to do something about a bigger tank sooner rather than later.

As Winston Churchill said, it's not enough to do your best; you simply must do what needs to be done.
Hmm I guess you are right. It is probably due to the stress that my fish sometimes behave like this. I have to search a new tank as soon as possible then.. Thank you..

Reactions: Matteus

nono

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2012
indonesia
Truth be told, it was most likely unhappy in the 150g that’s not a very big tank for that size of fish. If you can’t afford to get a new tank, I might suggest sell the datnoid and put the money toward a bigger tank? Or Work weekends, do whatever you need to in order to get it what it needs…. Read the description of this site, we aren’t called broke fish keepers- we do what it takes to make it happen. Good luck
even 150 gal tank won't be enough? hmm if that is the case, I probably have to consider giving my fish to someone with adequate tank... Thank you for the advice...

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store