Help!! Peacock bass not eating, spitting out its food!

Jjiang00

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
51-60%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every week
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hi, so i’ve recently had an ich outbreak due to some datnoids which i should’ve quaranteed and have treated the tank for around 2 weeks with ichx. I had 3 tememsis bass which were all monstrous eaters in the beginnig but slowly 2 of them stopped eating and exhibited the same symptoms and went belly up. Now my last temensis is showing the same symptoms and am worried he has whatever the other two did. Could it be the medication is having an affect on him? He still flashes but has no visible spots on him. Does he still have ich in his gills? Is it gill flukes? Malawi bloat? Internal parasites? I don’t know what it is and maybe I can put it with my other bass that are being quarantined with salt right now as that might treat whatever mysterious illness he has. I’ve been doing daily water changes 30-50% as per the instructions on the ichx bottle. Thank you for your help and please let me know if you need any additional pictures and whatnot.

64A91C69-FCF5-42FF-965A-1F64ABDCC47C.jpegDE348B35-EF6F-4867-B131-56056EE9CD46.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Could be stress and ip from the medication treatment for the days. Would try refeeding bloodworms mixed with metronidazole. Or try feeding hex shield. Can mix some garlic with it to help entice an appetite. Is the pbass moving both gills properly? Is any side of the hill plate not moving?

Jjiang00

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Ok gotcha, I do have general cure available which contains metronidazole, but it’s just supposed to be in the water and doesn’t get eaten. Do you think it would still be effective? I’ve tried garlic, it seems to be the same reaction. And yes, both gills are moving properly.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Ok gotcha, I do have general cure available which contains metronidazole, but it’s just supposed to be in the water and doesn’t get eaten. Do you think it would still be effective? I’ve tried garlic, it seems to be the same reaction. And yes, both gills are moving properly.
Metro can be dosed to water but as a dip. Despite that try the general cure. Best of luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store