Help with new rescued peacock eel

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I did some reading after I posted(yeah I know I should of done that 1st) and apparrently pool filter sand can be rough however I have used it without problems with peacocks, a tiretrack, and 2 fire eels

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I did some reading after I posted(yeah I know I should of done that 1st) and apparrently pool filter sand can be rough however I have used it without problems with peacocks, a tiretrack, and 2 fire eels
Pfs is fine. I use it myself, and many other members also use it without issues. I keep Polypterus, which drag themselves across the sand, and it doesn't hurt them.

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
Update:
For one thing it's not even a peacock it's a half banded thanks Angelphish Angelphish
Another it's really active now since the first day where it couldn't even say upright, it explores the tank even when the lights on. When it's time to eat I just find it by picking up hides and when I do tweezer feed it bloodworms eats em real fast. Already used to my hand being in the tank and eats off tweezers well
Here's it dancing around after eating some bloodworms

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Sand can compact if the Eel doesn't bury so give it a little stir every now and then to stop anaerobic build up (normally shows as black against the glass)

Reactions: FishBeast

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
Sand can compact if the Eel doesn't bury so give it a little stir every now and then to stop anaerobic build up (normally shows as black against the glass)
Eel still hasn't shown interest in sand, it just hides in all the different hides in my tank. The loaches constantly stir it up with the cory catfish so I'm not too worried, I'll still stir it up from time to time

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store