Help With Red KML Selection

QVD

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
Hello everyone,

I searched the web using keyword "flowerhorn" and found many threads in this forum so I hope this is the right place to ask.

I contact Flowerhorn Supply via Facebook for a flowerhorn. He sends me the pictures of 11 "high quality KML" that he currently has. I'm a newbie to FH and don't know which one to pick. He recommend these two, and the second one (file name 4_4.5_inches_b) would be his first choice.

Can you please take a look at the pictures and see if these fish have any defects? Which one (I know this is personal preference but I ask anyway) would you pick? Price wise, these FH are 4-4.5" range and he asks $165 for one + $65 overnight shipping ($230 total). Is his price reasonable? Anyone here have bought FH from Flowerhorn Supply, mind to share your experiences?

I plan to keep a single male FH in a 135 gallon bare bottom tank by himself. And I'll be using a wet/dry sump for filtration.

Any comments/suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
QVD

4_4.5_inches_a.jpg 4_4.5_inches_b.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Never kept fh’s but if i had to I’d choose the top fish. Know they can cost a lot. The tank size and filtration sounds good. Best of luck.

Reactions: QVD

Glenn238

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2018
I would have to agree the top one is nicer the flowering is better along with the colors

carlos vince

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2017
I paid $140.00 for this fella to include shipping from California. I bought it on a facebook page called UFA and they have a ton of FH for sale.

IMG-20181211-WA0010.jpg

carlos vince

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2017
Oh that's a nice FH. Would you please post/pm me the link to that FB page? I searched FB but not sure which one you're referring to. Thanks.
Just search for USA UFA FLOWERHORN. They have a wide selection of FH, Food and post any questions.

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Nice flowerhorns I would go with the second one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store