Here are some Fahaka Tips!

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Pufferpunk;2994855; said:
1-4 years isn't that long, considering they live into their teens. What about all your other fahakas? Didn't you say you raised several?
I've kept several... if you read my original post i've lost several in my early years of keeping fish... I grew 3 out and sold them for more the 3 times what i bought them for... Eventually I will buy a 125 gal tank to keep one in by itself. The last fahaka i had was my longest run with one... It broke my heart getting rid of it but I don't have the heart to keep it in a 75 gal tank. So i sold it to someone who has a much larger tank. Have you kept any Fahaka puffers pufferpunk? whats the longest you have kept one for?

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I think this guy is going on 7-8 years now. I wish I remembered what year I got him. I know it was September.

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
digger;2997125; said:
Freshwater puffers although common just seem to be ignored by alot of people. Some of my friends were shocked to hear of fw puffers. Granted they are not as into the hobby as myself I am surprised to find out people have heard of fw stingrays but not puffers.
Thats probably cos there are only around 28 freshwater sp.

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
Pufferpunk;2998536; said:
I think this guy is going on 7-8 years now. I wish I remembered what year I got him. I know it was September.

which guy? pictures?

edmlfc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2008
Texas
Pufferpunks fahaka is named Filbert.:)
You can find some older pictures of her fahaka in this link:
http://wetwebfotos.com/Home?actionRequest=userview&userID=1918

He's a beauty! He's the reason I got Annabelle. Annabelle is now 6-7" and I've only had her for 6 months. For the person who asked what IP's are, they are internal parasites. Most puffers have IP's when you purchase them. Annabelle had tapeworms and camallanus worms when I got her. We are going on a month now after the final treatment. She has started to gain weight and doing very well. :) I don't feed her anything frozen, I defrost all her food and I feed her mussel's, clams and crabs every week to keep her teeth trimmed. I also have a sw Stars and Stripes puffer named Elvis, he eats the same things Annabelle does. Defrosted & soaked in Vitamin food. I've had Elvis for over a year and he is now 11". :D

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I'm so glad Annabel has gotten thru that. edmlfc is one of the most caring & dedicated pufferkeepers I've even known.

Here's Filbert smiling a couple of years ago:

Please no comments about the silly, hideous gravel please.

digger

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2008
chicago
Pufferpunk;3001414; said:
Here's Filbert smiling a couple of years ago:

Please no comments about the silly, hideous gravel please.
That picture is what I'm talkin about these guys have so much personality it's amazing. Since I have had mine I have sold alot of other fish to dedicate more time and money toward my Fahaka. It is quickly turning into my favorite fish, and I have only had mine for a couple of months.

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
I love when he swims up & down the length of the tank, flaring his gorgeous yellow tail to get attention!

RobD23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2005
The Rex
I should never have posted this ... it made me want a new baby fahaka which are so difficult to find around here... I have an immaculate puffer right now in my salt water tank... Unfortunately i feel salt water puffers arent as personable.:(

digger

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2008
chicago
Pufferpunk;3003090; said:
I love when he swims up & down the length of the tank, flaring his gorgeous yellow tail to get attention!
Mine does this little wiggle in the cornerand pushes his face off the glass with his mouth, then when I sit infront of the tank he swims across to the other side and makes this little wave on the top of the water, I see it everyday and it still cracks me up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store