Hey Ya'll Texans...MFK meet?

Piscine

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Northwestern Louisiana
I dunno...There is a big convention in Nov in San Antonio. Here is a link. It may be appealing to have the meet around this time, as it would allow plenty of planning time and there may be some members in town at the time.

http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/fotascares/

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Thats pretty cool i'll be sure to check it out. Thanks for the link
Hey Slick!!! What side of town are you from?? I'm near the Med area...

Slickad85

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Somewhere In Between Dreams
Fishmamma!!! Whats up?? I just moved here a few months ago from New York. I live in Selma. Do you know where that is??? Unfortunately i have no idea where the med area is. Is it near the airport by any chance??? Also do you have any good petstores for large freshwater fish that you would recommend here in SA?

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
Hey Slick I live in Schertz so I am pretty close to you!! There are some really good LFS in San Antonio, you just have to be ready to drive to get to them. Dave's Rare Fish is off of I-35, and I have heard of quite a couple off of I-10 on the west side. What's your tank setup and what are you keeping?

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I dunno...There is a big convention in Nov in San Antonio. Here is a link. It may be appealing to have the meet around this time, as it would allow plenty of planning time and there may be some members in town at the time.

http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/fotascares/
This sounds cool!!! but November is so far away..... and I'm just assuming that it would be predominantly African cichlid based.. going by the speakers, it will probably be.. I just don't care so much for Africans, but I'm sure it would be fun anyway.. yeah, I was whining a bit there... Im sure I'll get over it.. maybe it'll be more half and half .. africans/SA-CA..

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Fishmamma!!! Whats up?? I just moved here a few months ago from New York. I live in Selma. Do you know where that is??? Unfortunately i have no idea where the med area is. Is it near the airport by any chance??? Also do you have any good petstores for large freshwater fish that you would recommend here in SA?
What up dude!? I know where Selma is, your just around the corner... lol.. and near Bussey's Flea Market, love that place!! Medical Center area, it's about 10 min west bound from the airport.. off 410... that may sound crazy if your just not familiar.. :D! Texas Tropical may be a lfs you'd like, I like that they have a couple tanks dedicated to fish that others bring in...so there's always a variety and it's always different.. lots of larger fish that others were not able to keep...

Slickad85

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Hey Slick I live in Schertz so I am pretty close to you!! There are some really good LFS in San Antonio, you just have to be ready to drive to get to them. Dave's Rare Fish is off of I-35, and I have heard of quite a couple off of I-10 on the west side. What's your tank setup and what are you keeping?
Right on man you really are just around the corner thats cool. I'll have to check out Dave's Rare fish sometime. I've been to alamo aquatics and also texas tropicals both off i-10, they are pretty good places to check out with decent prices. My current setup is a 215 Oceanic RR tank that i converted over to freshwater. I have 5 tinfoil barbs, 2 bala sharks, a nice size 4 line cat, a small arowana, and a common pleco in there right now, but looking for maybe one more fish. any ideas?????

Slickad85

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Right on man you really are just around the corner thats cool. I'll have to check out Dave's Rare fish sometime. I've been to alamo aquatics and also texas tropicals both off i-10, they are pretty good places to check out with decent prices. My current setup is a 215 Oceanic RR tank that i converted over to freshwater. I have 5 tinfoil barbs, 2 bala sharks, a nice size 4 line cat, a small arowana, and a common pleco in there right now, but looking for maybe one more fish. any ideas?????

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store