high grade super red with drop eye..

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
So i got my super red aro about 1 week ago but it wasnt an easy decision to get him..

i had to make a choice when selecting the red aro directly from the farm.

there was one nice aro with decent body color, but it had a "normal" body shape.. well just like everyday red aro if u know what i mean.. no spoon head, long body.. u know.

then there was this guy.. he got a grade 1 body shape.. spoon head, short and tight body..but.. it has a little/mild eye drop.. you tell me how bad the eye drop is..

later, i decided to get the eye drop aro, because of its body shape, i hope i didnt make a bad choice.. what i had in mind when i was making my decision that drop eye is a common problem with arowana, so if i chose the "all normal", with "common everyday" body shape one, one day it could also get a drop eye.. eventho the chance is 50-50..

so i hope i didnt make a wrong call...
please let me know what decisio you would make if you were in my shoes.. :)

from the left side, he is just like a contest super red
20170216_202423.jpg

but from the right side, you can see he has a drop eye.. how bad it is? you tell me.. i say it is a small drop eye, or a little mild drop eye..what you say??
20170216_202448.jpg
20170216_202401.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackDiamondAro

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
so yeah this is the "normal" body shape that im talkin about just like my cross back asian aro in my other tank..

20170215_191004.jpg

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I am no expert on drop eye, but feeding on the surface and using colourful floating blass may give it something to look at

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
I am no expert on drop eye, but feeding on the surface and using colourful floating blass may give it something to look at
it is just a myth based on what ive found in many discussions.. i just hope the DE at least dont get any worse.. :)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
it is just a myth based on what ive found in many discussions.. i just hope the DE at least dont get any worse.. :)
the floating ball thing? In the wild they are watching the waters surface constantly. I have a feeling giving the msomething to look at will help agains DE

Reactions: giar

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
the floating ball thing? In the wild they are watching the waters surface constantly. I have a feeling giving the msomething to look at will help agains DE
mmm well some said it works but most said it doesnt..

i just wished it didnt have DE and i would have a dream super red lol

giar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2016
Indonesia
perhaps for now, is there anything i can do to make the dropped eye not getting any worse?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
perhaps for now, is there anything i can do to make the dropped eye not getting any worse?
Try the balls maybe? and feed as much on the surface as possible

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store