HOB or canister filter

Jakec96

Exodon
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
New Jersey
I have a 55 gallon mbuna set up and I'm running 4 aquaclear 50s on the back. I wanna start another 55 gallon aquarium on bottom to grow out some fry and eventually sell, but I'm running out of outlets so I was wondering if I could replace all the HOB filters with one canister filter which would only take up 1 outlet instead of 4. What do you guys think of this idea and which canister filter would you guys suggest?

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
Or get an fx-4 to replace you aquaclears.
im also setting up a 50-60 gallon tank soon, it will be panted so I had thought that an FX4 would be way to strong. or would it be fine?

Jakec96

Exodon
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
New Jersey
Easiest solution is to buy a multiple outlet power strip.
I have 4 aquariums in this room so all of my outlets already have multiple outlet power strips plugged in and I'm worried about plugging in 2 power strips into one outlet. Am I just being paranoid or is it an actual problem if I do that?

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
I have 4 aquariums in this room so all of my outlets already have multiple outlet power strips plugged in and I'm worried about plugging in 2 power strips into one outlet. Am I just being paranoid or is it an actual problem if I do that?
it should be fine, just buy a nice one

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
alll I know is that some can handle more electricity or whatever
I really don't know that many electricity "terms" I just remember there are some that can handle more and some even have a CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTY so you'll be covered

Jakec96

Exodon
MFK Member
May 8, 2016
New Jersey
alll I know is that some can handle more electricity or whatever
I really don't know that many electricity "terms" I just remember there are some that can handle more and some even have a CONNECTED EQUIPMENT WARRANTY so you'll be covered
OK so I'll do my research and try and get the best one

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store