san diego California
ill give send. pic of the one I got It might help

Reactions: Jakec96

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I have 4 aquariums in this room so all of my outlets already have multiple outlet power strips plugged in and I'm worried about plugging in 2 power strips into one outlet. Am I just being paranoid or is it an actual problem if I do that?
AquaClear filters only use 15 watts of electricity. So plugging in 4 of them is like turning on a 60 watt light bulb.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
AquaClear filters only use 15 watts of electricity. So plugging in 4 of them is like turning on a 60 watt light bulb.
true, a canister filter would probably use much more and be harder to clean.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
its called a defiant power strip

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
+1

For the fry tank, I would just use a couple of sponge filters rather than hob/canisters?

Reactions: Jakec96 and M@T!@$

Icthisapian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2012
Wareham, MA
While HOB have the benefit of "easier to clean" a canister offers better flexibility in water control. A canister can be metered down on the outlet side, and have different attachments too, like a spray bar or a larger diffuser (i hooked 3 90° tees to my fx5 to spread the flow across my tank). Also a large canister will use similar energy as compared to a single HOB as they are both typically Mag drive impellers. A single canister will also use less plug space, freeing up some for addittional outlets for bubblers for that fry tank (definitely use sponge filters for them). Canisters also expose less moving water to air so you will have better evaporation control. Just some other thoughts

Slim2634

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
Central Ohio
I had great success using two AC 70s on my 55. When I upgraded to a 75 I just moved them to it and I never had water so clear. I'd go that route and use the 50's on some smaller tanks ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store