Home Invasion From Hell

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
A lot of cops are not really into guns,believe it or not.

Wait.....California hasn't gotten around to banning all of that yet?

My EDC is a G23.

....just remembered there are companies that can be called to come out and clean up such messes.
Oh yeah I know. It's just crazy that they can be that bad of a shot and still pass an exam..........
No, but most places you just can't shoot, and most of those you can't shoot lead. Steelies etc only.
"Condors eat stray bullets and die, mistaking them for food." say the sierraclubbers.

Condors are huge buzzards. If they go extinct the other buzzards (eagles) will move in. Who cares?
Modern materials science will come out with better things to shoot.

Meanwhile, CA started a new $2 tax every time you go to the range, & you can shoot only lead there. They recycle, but the commercial re-smelting is illegal, except with a tiny pot like my Lee. The lead maybe goes to Mexico? I dunno . . .
Lead causes cancer.........weird that lead isnt banned. Probably someone in office saying "we got those gun toting menaces now" "only lead for them that way they get cancer and we can ban the guns!" Lol
Most indoor ranges here wont allow steel cased ammo only brass. My guess is they sweep it all up and steel isn't reusable.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I wrote in another thread how I found handguns to be harder to shoot accurately in real life than I expected but surely if you own a gun you should be at least slightly proficient at shooting. 39 shots and didn't hit the intruder, he's lucky he didn't hit his own family or one of the neighbours. We have very different gun laws here but there should be some type of minimum standard to meet if you want a gun I would have thought.

Reactions: Matteus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
. We have very different gun laws here but there should be some type of minimum standard to meet if you want a gun I would have thought.
I thought the gun laws in Australia were that you just couldn't have any....just kidding.I don't want to spiral this thread into a gun debate and I do agree with your comment to a degree.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I wrote in another thread how I found handguns to be harder to shoot accurately in real life than I expected but surely if you own a gun you should be at least slightly proficient at shooting. 39 shots and didn't hit the intruder, he's lucky he didn't hit his own family or one of the neighbours. We have very different gun laws here but there should be some type of minimum standard to meet if you want a gun I would have thought.
I would hope he was using home defense bullets to cut down on the possibility of it reaching neighbors/family not in the room.

• Wow

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I would hope he was using home defense bullets to cut down on the possibility of it reaching neighbors/family not in the room.
That would help a little,that bullet hole in the window is a scary sight though.
I bet that house will be up for sale pretty soon.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That would help a little,that bullet hole in the window is a scary sight though.
I bet that house will be up for sale pretty soon.
Yeah, I thought of that when I posted my comment. I doubt those are the bullets he used.
It wouldn’t be surprising if they do sell after having it repaired. If not for the adults, but for the kids sake.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
We have very different gun laws here but there should be some type of minimum standard to meet if you want a gun I would have thought.
hello; Not to get too very deep into the weeds about this, but it is the difference between a right and say a privilege. We can have such rules for getting a drivers license as it is an activity not enumerated in our constitution as a right. (technically in an amendment to the constitution).
Take some of the rules from the past that did restrict voting for example. They have been found unconstitutional because we have a right to vote. So state or local authorities cannot have literacy or property standards or a poll tax that limit the ability to vote. Any citizen has the right to vote simply by being a citizen.

So far the top courts have not found a way to add proficiency with a firearm as a criteria for being able to have one. I have no doubt such would be used if we as citizens did not have a right cited in the second amendment.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
People always freak out over a shooting, but there are like 150 million gun owners in the USA.
If we were all evil, the population could go from 350 million to 150 million in one day.

But the truth is just the opposite. Genuinely evil gun owners are one in a million here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store