Edward345

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
Had this guy for a while now. Bought him when he was about 2inches, in April if 2019 rn he’s pushing about 9 inches. I was wondering if this is a Honduran jaguar and is it a male?

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
beautiful jaguar, looks male to me. Where did you get him? Without knowing the lineage will be impossible to tell you the origin of the fish with 100% certainty. But I do know that some reliable vendors have had some Hondurans in more recent years. 10 years ago only a couple people like Aquamojo Aquamojo had them.

Edward345

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2018
beautiful jaguar, looks male to me. Where did you get him? Without knowing the lineage will be impossible to tell you the origin of the fish with 100% certainty. But I do know that some reliable vendors have had some Hondurans in more recent years. 10 years ago only a couple people like Aquamojo Aquamojo had them.
I got him from a petshop about an hour away from me for about 35$.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Jesse Lee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2020
Michigan
I have an F1 hunduran jag from tuic. Yours looks identical to mine. Good find at a pet shop! Love the blue and purple on the fins. Mine is only about 5 inches now. Great personality and cool fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store