Hostess Closing Down... No More Twinkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
How qualified do you have to be to stuff a twinkee?

Years ago labor unions were a good thing. Today they are ruining American business.
Epic face palm.

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
How qualified do you have to be to stuff a twinkee?

Years ago labor unions were a good thing. Today they are ruining American business.
Unions are what is a scaffolding around a building called labor laws. The building is complete and it is time to let the scaffolding go.

There is also a difference between private worker union and public worker union. In private industries at least the relationship is adversarial with the management. In public space, the relation between the union and the government that pay them is more like legal corruption. I pay to get you elected and then I will ask you about my salary.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ecoli73

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
Sunnyvale, CA
Exactly my point, "all you know". Instead of gaining any real knowledge on the subject you allow yourself to form an opinion on two incidences. Did you even try to inquire as to why?

The line has to be defined somewhere, qualified workers are needed. You can't have companies bringing in inexperience engineers to do installations just to help the bottom line. Maybe your OK with this, hopefully it doesn't expand to other fields with you. Hate to see you being OK with a loved one having surgery with just a surgeon as he can probably do all the other meaningless tasks that nurses, anesthesioloigist, etc do. But hey at least it's cheaper.

Maybe your OK with giving up your job if some volunteers come along an will do it. I'm sure the librarian was happy to have a labor union there to protect it.

Frankly it's sad that so many people have no idea what labor unions have done, are doing and will do for this country we live in.
Lol...none of the high tech engineers are unionized(and most of them don't want to be unionized) same goes with doctors, lawyers, etc. lines, as you stated don't exist in the first place.

As for your argument of quality, it is for example the teachers union who consistently resist efforts to reward good teachers and fire bad ones.,,which lead to the ridiculous example of california paying 40k to ask a pedophile to leave the system instead of paying 100k to fight the unions dismissal procedures.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Ok, I asked politely... you KNOW you can't talk politics on here, yet you continue to do so, knowing it will get threads closed.

NO ONE CARES WHAT ANY OF YOU THINK ABOUT UNIONS ON MFK.

So stop being selfish and stop spewing the political garbage on my thread.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Ok, I asked politely... you KNOW you can't talk politics on here, yet you continue to do so, knowing it will get threads closed.

NO ONE CARES WHAT ANY OF YOU THINK ABOUT UNIONS ON MFK.

So stop being selfish and stop spewing the political garbage on my thread.

Sounds good :thumbsup: Hard to ague against ignorance anyhow.

majorhavok

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2012
Left Coast
Their problems couldn't have anything to so with the $100,000.00 per month they were paying the CEO.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
So leadership of giant companies should work for free eh? You must also donate all of your time to make that kind of comment.

In truth, 1.2 mill a year is a bargain for a major corporation. If they had paid market rate and in stock options and gotten a top level person, they would likely still be in business and those 12000 union people would still have a job to complain about.

Just my .02, but c'mon.. blame capitolism and the free market is easy I guess, but somalia and north korea are your alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store