Hostess Closing Down... No More Twinkies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Don't know if anyone saw the news today... Hostess is closing down operations. Too lazy to dig up a link.

Any twinkie, ho-ho, snowball fans on MFK sad about it? I went to the gas station (for gas! Not twinkies! I swear!) and the lady said some guy completely bought them out of everything and then followed the Hostess truck to the next location he was going to. Are $20 twinkies on eBay in the future? :)

Yes, I stopped at a sketchy convenience store on the way to dinner and found a few... Bought 6 packs. I AM GONNA BE RICH.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
I bought a pack! Im sure they will still be around even though Hostess is out of business. I believe they are going to auction off the rights to make twinkies.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
The bakers union did them in. Wouldn't agree to pay cuts with future raises. Now the 12,000+ employees will have no job. Gotta love the union.

Acousticfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 29, 2008
Corvallis, OR
Their problems couldn't have anything to so with the $100,000.00 per month they were paying the CEO.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes, I stopped at a sketchy convenience store on the way to dinner and found a few... Bought 6 packs. I AM GONNA BE RICH.
This is big news here in Philly.My uncle actually used to work there and he used to bring me some of the Honey Buns with the white icing on them...I loved them but my molars and my waistline screamed bloody murder.Now Clockwork,what was so sketchy about that store?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Good. Glad they're gone. I hope Marlboro and Jim Beam are next. Won't happen, but I can dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store