How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Lots of folks going to get rich during this pandemic, while others will lose everything.
This is the typical and unfortunate historical result of every war and natural disaster now.

Somebody will figure out how to make money from a tragedy.

Don’t get hung up with concern for those bastards. Time wounds all heels.

• Haha
Reactions: pacu mom

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
So what's the CDC saying about the thousands of undocumented,unvaccinated,unmasked and untested potential covid carriers pouring across the southwestern borders every day?
Hello; Watched a report tonight asking the same question. No reporter has an answer is what it must be. I watch local news at 6 PM to CBS at 6:30 to 7:00 PM and do not think the question has ever been reported there. I switch to a different channel and the question is often asked. It is reported many of the illegals are proving to be tested positive for covid19. Best I can understand those are being released into the interior of the USA same as the uninfected. The illegals are also being offered vaccines shots but apparently some 30% are refusing the vaccines and then being sent into the interior.
How does this relate to my experience? Well it seems recently a load or few of the illegals were sent to Nashville TN in the middle of the night. Not clear where they wound up, but speculation is somewhere in TN. I can drive to Nashville in a couple of hours or so.

Reactions: krichardson

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Hello; When I got the first moderna shot they let me leave right away. A month later when I got the second shot they had me park and wait for a while, maybe 10-15 minutes. I went to a drive thru injection site. . .
When my wife had the Moderna shots they made her sit down and wait for 15 minutes after each shot to make sure she wasn’t going to have a bad reaction. I would certainly do the same thing now, even though I’d be tempted to just hop in my truck and drive the 1/2 mile home.

I know better!

In 1982 I went to take a flu shot. I had an appointment and I just walked in and out of the clinic in the space of 5 minutes total. Nobody told me to sit down and have a glass of water or wait a few minutes before I try to drive, or cautioned me about adverse reactions.

I made it about 4 yards out the door before I went into shock. I didn’t even make it to the parking lot. I grabbed my stomach and sat down on the curb with my head between my knees. It was a good thing it didn’t hit me 5 minutes later on the freeway, because I was riding a very radical Kawasaki back then.

My stomach cramped up, my head got fuzzy, and I saw colored stars shooting & swirling. I didn’t hear any little birdies but I’ve been there before. I’ve had a couple of sports injuries in my life, so it was not my first rodeo in this regard. I knew instantly that I was going into shock.

I sat there huffing and puffing for at least five minutes before my head quit spinning and I felt that I was able to stand up and walk.

Fortunately, I didn’t have to walk, & the Kawasaki started right up every time.

I have never been able to give blood in my life. The one time I tried, I had a similar reaction and started going into shock.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Disclose.tv ? on Twitter: "NEW - Dr. Fauci says it's about what's going on in the nose why vaccinated Americans have to mask up indoors again. https://t.co/kpaao7x4bt" / Twitter

Hello; It seems the story is coming out. The link above is short with limited information. The statement is a vaccinated person who gets an infection of the delta variant can have as much virus in the nasal passages as an unvaccinated person infected with the delta variant. That is about it as far as information goes. Too short of a clip.
Hello; Been thinking about this video clip. I have posted about this before so will ask again. I know there is a covid test which is basically a yes/no or go/no-go type test. There can be one virus fragment or a million virus and the test will be positive for both situations.
There must be some other test for virus in the nasal cavity which somehow gives an indication of the amount of virus in terms of quantity. That seems to be what Fauchi is saying. I do not have the rest of the statement so without a person's entire comments it is possible for an edit which takes things out of context. I not longer have faith in Fauchi but also do not want to play sneaky games which twist statements.

So my question is about how the amount of virus in a persons nose is determined. Is there a test used in a persons nose area which actually measures the viral load and not just a simple present/ not present result?

I have some questions about these break thru infections and this is the first one. I have posted a hypothesis that a vaccinated person can have virus breathed in like dust which gets trapped in the nasal mucosa. That would give a go (positive) test result without necessarily an active infection. However the news out of England and Fauchi's statement seems to have put paid to that notion. That ought to mean I can become infected with the delta variant and have actual cell invasion and take over by the virus.
The news seems to be my vaccine status will make the infection mild and I will not get very sick. maybe not sick at all? That should also mean I will have a natural body immune response to that variant if I live.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
So....what is troubling to me is that CDC is basically ignoring break through infections. They are only interested if that person lands in the hospital or dies. Now that they have determined that vaccinated people can have high viral loads, and can transmit the virus to others, they (CDC) need to take all positive cases seriously as in doing contact tracing again, for all positive cases. They have stopped retesting people who test positive and only assume that if they go a week or ten days without symptoms that they are negative. What about all the asymptomatic positive cases? And there is long term COVID 19. Could an asymptomatic positive person have long term COVID 19 and keep spewing viruses around? Since they aren't retesting, we'll never know.

Finally California Department of Public Health has changed its masking guidelines. This morning their website and all the people handling phone calls were still stating that vaccinated people did not have to wear masks. They finally changed masking guidelines this afternoon and went the extra mile recommending that vaccinated people wear masks in all public indoor settings throughout the state. (not if a county was in the red or orange category)

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
If I had your history, I'd be afraid to get vaccinated. You certainly did the right thing sitting down and putting your head down. How do you respond with dental injections?

I usually do OK with aesthetics but I had one weird occurrence 5 years back, where it just didn’t work, & after a couple of injections the dentist just sent me home and told me to come back. When he drilled that same tooth a week later it was fine.

This last go around with the new endodontist was pretty brutal. The doctor himself was terrific, however he gave me an awful lot of anesthetic. I think it must get trapped in your Cartlidge and stuff because it seemed like it was working out of me for days, and I would have these random episodes of neuropathy in the lip. Not exactly numbness, but needles and pins, like the anesthetic is wearing off.

That has never happened to me before, and I’m wondering if this new doctor is using new anesthetics? Or maybe there’s just some nerve damage now…

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store