How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
My old Samsung Galaxy is about to bite the dust, but the Virus strikes again . . . Verizon store is closed until further notice!

So I had to order a new phone online, and I bit the bullet for the Half-terrabyte iphone! WooHoo!!!
Bloatware be Damned! BooWaHaHahaaa..
I had my wife order it on her iPhone as her name is on the phone bill.
She accidently ordered three! Don't ask me how. She kept saying, "This isn't working!" and clicking buttons....

We were both zchitting bricks until Visa canceled two of the phones. Can you even have 3 cell phones with the same number? I never tried it.

And I'm not going to either! When I saw the charge for $5664 I almost dropped the phone.

Tom the bomb

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
welp...
here In canada, school and non essential businesses are closed
the only people i see are dog walkers
anyways... all i do at home his stare at my fish tanks and do more water changes than normal
i stock up on filter media and like gallons and gallons of prime and other beneficial chemicals, pristine, stability etc.
The internet's getting worse so the games i play are laggy but i spend a lot of time browsing through the internet and reddit
I havent gone out since a long time...
just bought a red sea reefer from saltwateraquariums.com and im setting up in quarantine

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
My old Samsung Galaxy is about to bite the dust, but the Virus strikes again . . . Verizon store is closed until further notice!

So I had to order a new phone online, and I bit the bullet for the Half-terrabyte iphone! WooHoo!!!
Bloatware be Damned! BooWaHaHahaaa..
I had my wife order it on her iPhone as her name is on the phone bill.
She accidently ordered three! Don't ask me how. She kept saying, "This isn't working!" and clicking buttons....

We were both zchitting bricks until Visa canceled two of the phones. Can you even have 3 cell phones with the same number? I never tried it.

And I'm not going to either! When I saw the charge for $5664 I almost dropped the phone.
My s7 is still going strong after over 4 years, though i keep cutting my fingers on all of the broken glass.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
OK, score one point for virus quarantine policy.

I would have bought a new phone at the verizon store, only a mile from home, but the virus kept me home and I ordered it online. It was actually quite easy and faster than doing it in person.

Once we recovered from the price panic (see post above...) I decided that while the Galaxy s6 was a great phone, the new iPhone Pro max is superior in nearly every way. If something about it doesn't yet seem better to me, I probably haven't used it enough yet.

(OK, the samsung was half the price, but less than half the phone in so many ways.)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Glad to hear your new phone is working well.

Our total lockdown has been extended by two weeks, or until the end of April. I should really have stocked up on sandpaper...

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Just don't touch the mask until you wash your hands. Everyone using a mask I see has touched the door handle, the counter, the parts I touched, has handed me keys and taken them back from me, and then adjusted the mask with those same hands.....how is that helping anything? They said if you don't have the virus it's better to not wear a mask exactly because of those things.

I saw an older woman at the shop this week. She was wearing a scarf, which she kept pulling up and down with her fingers, while shopping around. Who is she protecting? Herself, others? Point is not to touch your face...

Today in the supermarket, my other half and myself were approached by a shop attendant and told to stay apart??? We live together......People gone bananas, no logical or rational thinking whatsoever.....At the same time, while telling us this she kept getting closer as she was getting agitated, breathing and spitting in our faces while we were just looking stunned, saying we are together....We go a step back to keep at a distance from her, she makes two steps forward.....Absolute nonsense. People panic and stop thinking...She would have done better for coronavirus spread if she stayed away or never said anything at all.

They say the virus is not air borne but you can pass it on by talking or coughing, sneezing, etc...I don't talk anywhere outside home and if someone passes close next to me, I hold my breath....Yet, I am told in a supermarket to keep a distance from the one I've been sleeping with for years...Panic is the worst, leads to wars. That lady in the shop had crazy eyes on her. I hope she and her family are ok.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I saw an older woman at the shop this week. She was wearing a scarf, which she kept pulling up and down with her fingers, while shopping around. Who is she protecting? Herself, others? Point is not to touch your face...

Today in the supermarket, my other half and myself were approached by a shop attendant and told to stay apart??? We live together......People gone bananas, no logical or rational thinking whatsoever.....At the same time, while telling us this she kept getting closer as she was getting agitated, breathing and spitting in our faces while we were just looking stunned, saying we are together....We go a step back to keep at a distance from her, she makes two steps forward.....Absolute nonsense. People panic and stop thinking...She would have done better for coronavirus spread if she stayed away or never said anything at all.

They say the virus is not air borne but you can pass it on by talking or coughing, sneezing, etc...I don't talk anywhere outside home and if someone passes close next to me, I hold my breath....Yet, I am told in a supermarket to keep a distance from the one I've been sleeping with for years...Panic is the worst, leads to wars. That lady in the shop had crazy eyes on her. I hope she and her family are ok.
If people are scared they need to stay home. Don't bring your hysteria out into the public. My better half was screamed at during a run because she passed "too close" to one of these paranoid delusionals who seem to be enjoying all the attention during this so called crisis.

On the flip side, i am absolutely loving driving back and forth to work these days. Wide open roads and the cops have seemed to have turned a blind eye to any kind of moving violation.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
On the flip side, i am absolutely loving driving back and forth to work these days. Wide open roads and the cops have seemed to have turned a blind eye to any kind of moving violation.
A 30 minute drive for me has been turning into a 20 minute drive.

Reactions: Backfromthedead
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store