How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
. . . I really fancied that jury service too :grinyes:
Then you've probably seen too much American TV.
There is nothing entertaining about it, and it's an antiquated system.

I believe future juries will be much larger, and mainly done by video link.
It's tough to get a good cross section of America in only 12 souls.
There are citizens of a hundred other nations/tribes/whatevers living here.

Some live humans might be necessary on-site to prevent fraud. But you'll have camera crews too.
There will be video replay, so reactions can be studied.
No different than Pro sports. Let the jurors see it all again to be sure.

BUT do not let the perps/lawyers see the jurors.
We don't want doxxing of jurors, or tampering before or after the fact.
In the PC age with facial recog and Google, it could get crazy if the lawyers could computer sort the jury, and AI to develop a strategy to manipulate them.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
We have had a spike in infections so a lot of the restrictions which were going to be lifted on Monday have now been delayed for a few weeks. We even have a football match cancelled tomorrow as one of the players tested positive.
I pretty much knew this was going to happen based on how everyone has been acting like it's all over for a few weeks now, ignoring social distancing, having house parties and generally mingling unnecessarily.
To put it in perspective we had 21 new cases today, 17 can be traced so only 4 which don't know where they got it from, I just saw on the news Brazil had 50000 new cases in the last 24 hours and yesterday had the highest rate of new infections globally ever. This isn't even close to being over yet.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Our island had its first case discovered yesterday.
Turns out a kid left the island to visit his girlfriend in one of the crowded areas on the mainland, was exposed, came back and infected his entire family. They are now all under quarantine in their home.
The last time I posted, there were just over 20,000 cases in Panama, as of yesterday about 24,000.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Our island had its first case discovered yesterday.
Turns out a kid left the island to visit his girlfriend in one of the crowded areas on the mainland, was exposed, came back and infected his entire family. They are now all under quarantine in their home.
The last time I posted, there were just over 20,000 cases in Panama, as of yesterday about 24,000.
"Baby come over"
I can't, I'm on the island without Corona
"My parents aren't home"
On my way!

Goodness, hopefully it doesn't spread from him.

Reactions: fishhead0103666

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I feel anxious and fat haha
because of quarantine, I made a lot of stuff in my house so it's better than nothing
It's a good time to get projects done.

I am getting bored, so I have started preparing a podcast on nature and so on.

Reactions: deeda and MrsE88

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Well it is good news that there’s no rioting going on in Panama.

Clearly they haven’t reached the same insanity level.

It has been 100% peaceful in our town except for the canceling of polling places. Everybody’s going to rely on the postman to deliver their votes. The US post office is a weird animal as it’s no longer directly run by the government.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I have to go to the dentist today.

My dentist died last year when his motorcycle had a tire failure, and some new folks took over the practice.

He had only been my dentist 3 years.

The motorcycle guy had taken over from a Japanese fellow I saw since 1977, who passed away.

I've had the same OD since 1982. Before that I went to his father since 1975.

My doctor (since 1990) will probably retire soon. He doesn't look good, and that was last year.

My retinologist retired to Vegas. My cardiologist is just gone. ??? Thank God I don't need one. When I weighed 240 I did. Orthopedist retired. Podiatrist retired.

Fortunately I never saw those guys much. :grinno:

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Well I hope everyone is still virus free.

It seems like a lot of places are having secondary outbreaks after the beach bashes and mass demonstrations. But I don’t want to talk about that.

I have been staying home doing lots of work.

Yesterday I was cleaning up my patio tank and patio sump. Major water changes and lots of gravel siphoned. I also cleaned up my boat yard where I have been cutting steel and lumber.

I finally took out the kitty litter trickle towers from the patio sump. This will make it a lot easier to clean. It also gives a lot more room for these sump fish to play.

I also finished varnishing & installing the decorative woodwork in my living room and I’m going to try and post a better picture of it because the last one was terribly fuzzy.
image.jpg

Reactions: MrsE88 and Hendre
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store