How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
LOL...I turned on all the lights to take that photo, and every fish hid except the little Mollies.

There's 8 big cichlids and 3 Plecos plus the USD catfish.

(To see the fish, find "The Hybrids are Here/Molly" in the Cichlids room.)

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I got a honey bun from the store today when I realized I last had one several years ago, does that count as being productive during the virus?

• Haha
Reactions: deeda

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
My county hasn't made it out of phase 2 yet. Keep getting break outs at any kind of production. Been averaging 7 new cases a day the first three weeks of June. This last week has jumped to 20 cases a day or better.

From the looks of it nationwide we are going backwards as we have a higher daily new case count now then we did back when we all was on lockdown.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
My barber is out of business and my diy covid haircut is evident AF.

We're in the new wave, at least administratively, and bars etc are closed again. The Testing rate has doubled since last month, so not surprising that known infections are up, but fortunately we've seen no huge rise in deaths here in our county. Fewer than one in 10,000 have died and that's less than 100 total. (Today's paper hasn't come yet...)

The poorer counties just north and south of us are having a somewhat worse time of it, with cases about 30% higher.

However there is a local uptick in younger patients, under 40ish, and probably due to the Fresno City protests two and three weeks ago. Previously the average patient was over 70 years old.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
My county hasn't made it out of phase 2 yet. Keep getting break outs at any kind of production. Been averaging 7 new cases a day the first three weeks of June. This last week has jumped to 20 cases a day or better.

From the looks of it nationwide we are going backwards as we have a higher daily new case count now then we did back when we all was on lockdown.
Hello; For reasons I will not speculate about the media reports are often focused on the more sensational aspects of the pandemic. There are at least two offsetting and perhaps somewhat less dire developments associated with the increased case numbers reported. One thing being, as i understand it, is the majority of the newly infected are reported to be among younger people. This could be qualified as less dire since the young more often fight off the infection much better than the elderly. They require hospitalization much less often. I do think also many have minor symptoms or no symptoms at all, maybe around 30% or even more.
Another possibly less dire aspect of the increase in positive case numbers could be the testing volume has ramped up considerably. Many more are being tested daily now than just weeks or days ago. I had to think about this one myself for a time. It seems at first blush having an increase in positive cases ought to be a complete negative. My tentative take is the level of infection is not jumping in numbers so much as is the increased testing is finding them more efficiently.
A poor example follows which leaves out some parameters. Say in an isolated population there are 100 active cases. A few weeks ago when testing was more limited maybe only 10 cases would be discovered in a day Fast forward to current testing rates for this same isolated population and maybe 20 cases would be discovered each day.

It is my understanding, as of yesterday, the death rate has been staying stable for a time even as the number of known cases continues to increase. This may be the more telling aspect to keep an eye on?? I pause here as it is not clear to me how much discussion is considered acceptable so I will not push further points.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You make a good point Jeff, now in SA many more cases are being discovered in other provinces where testing was slower to start

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
This AM the paper reports only 75 have died in Fesno county. I was evidently reading the figures for another county. This is since they started looking for cases in March.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well, today is the day in the UK. Being the 4th July it is being touted as our independence day. Lots of public places are allowed to open for the first time in months, as long as the owners of the businesses have put measures in place to keep their customers safe. Putting measures in place is all very well but relying on joe public to adhere to those measures is a different kettle of fish altogether.

The 4th July has been the date of planned opening for a while now, we knew about a month ago of the government plans. But since then one of our big cities, Leicester, in the middle of the UK, has gone on lockdown again because of increased numbers in the disease. I'd have thought that the government would have cancelled the 4th July plans but no. It seems ludicrous to me that most parts of the country are partying and yet one big part slap bang in the middle is still on lockdown!

Businesses have been revving up and preparing for this day for a long time. It looks like the government can't bring themselves to spoil things and are allowing them still to open, despite the alarming developments in Leicester.

We didn't know what we were doing when this pandemic broke out months ago, we still didn't have a clue what we were doing half way through it, all guess work. And now it's subsiding, lol, we still don't know what we're doing!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m just happy that I live in a place where we have a low numbers of cases and don’t have to worry every time I go outside like people in Florida do. Crazy times these are I tell you what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store