How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Similar experience for me - day after 2nd Moderna shot I felt like I had the flu. I took some Nyquil flu and went to sleep. Woke up feeling good.

It feels great to be fully vaccinated!

I had my 1st shot of the Moderna vaccine on 4/18 and had no reactions at all. I just had my 2nd shot on 5/16 and the day after just slight nausea, chills and headache and slept for 12 hours. Today I feel pretty good so far.

Reactions: deeda

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I am waiting for my second dose. First was Pfizer (no discernible effects or symptoms), second may be Moderna.

Then 2 weeks later I will flatly refuse to wear my mask for 12 hours daily as I must do now...and will likely be made an example of and fired or laid off.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I got my first Pfizer vaccine shot on April 15, second was on May 6th. That makes me "fully vaccinated" this Thursday.
First shot was a sore shoulder, second shot gave mild flu-like symptoms for a couple days.

Reactions: deeda

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
No covid vax yet, but I was due to get the flu shot yesterday. Except, got a leaky roof so I skipped it and stayed home to keep an eye on the bucket in the attic.

I think, since the flu was basically eliminated last winter, it's probably going to be a pretty mild flu season this winter too. Minimal risk. Wife got her shot and I usually get colds from her anyway.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
My wife had the Moderna shots early, and she had a typical reaction (the second one caused her pain and nausea) but, thankfully, she did not get really sick.

Then my 40 y.o. daughter said she & three of my teenaged granddaughters all had Covid last month, and they all recovered within 3 days except for the littlest one (17) who was sick for a week.

This all came about right after my birthday party, but I never did take the shots and I never got sick either, even though I was kissing and hugging all the granddaughters.

When they were recovered, I took the grandkids fishing. No problems. Other daughter previously had Moderna & her kids had no problems, though they were all at the party too. Go figure. . . She is also recently re-married and they have an adopted daughter, so now I have eight granddaughters. They were also at the party and did not get sick.

Amazingly, my daughter that got sick had the vaccine in March, but she got sick in April anyway. Her kids did not get vaccinated (They weren’t vaxxing kids yet here) & they all three got it. They probably brought it home from school and gave it to her. They were/are still going to the school two days a week.

Reactions: Rayfishowner

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
for me busy as hell, took a promotion and took guitar back up, glad do see some old names still around.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
for me busy as hell, took a promotion and took guitar back up, glad do see some old names still around.
Ahh I’m glad to see you pops, I haven’t seen you in quite some time. I hope all is doing well for you comrade.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Got my 2nd Pfizer shot this morning, so far, no nanobots trying to corrupt my political ideology, no desire to eat human flesh, and so far not even a sore arm.
Give it a few days and you’ll start to notice the desire to eat human flesh, I just recently had a very nice filet mig-arm.

• Haha
Reactions: Ulu
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store