How has the coronavirus affected your personal life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I saw my eldest granddaughter yesterday, and she’s recovered from Covid completely. Actually posted a picture of her and her sister in the fishing boat a while back so they have been clean for a while now.

I was very happy to be able to see her.

She and her fiancé are moving off to Idaho, to be with granddaughter number three, who has been working up there for about six months now.

Granddaughter number two moved off to go to college at Northern California. I haven’t seen her in 4 months or more. She tells me that she thinks she had Covid last month and was down for almost a week over Easter vacation.

Granddaughter number six is going to be the valedictorian of our high school and she was the one who was the sickest of the whole family with Covid far as I can tell.

Granddaughter number five Graduates at the same time, and has signed up to go to Military intelligence school.

That leaves two who are going to be high school freshman next year. So far neither one of them appears to have caught Covid nor has my youngest daughter.

She is getting remarried to a guy with a seven-year-old daughter, and so far they all been quite healthy. This is important for an old guy loves his grandkids in the age of the pandemic fear.

;)

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
"The observational study, published by medRxiv, found that antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine, along with zinc, could increase the coronavirus survival rate by as much as nearly 200% if distributed at higher doses to ventilated patients with a severe version of the illness."

Random people taking hydroxychloriquine as an allegedly preventative measure is quite different than giving it to already severely ill, ventilated COVID-19 patients.

In addition the results of a single, relatively small observational study are far from conclusive. In the hierarchy of research designs, the results of randomized, controlled trials are considered to be evidence of the highest grade, whereas observational studies are viewed as having less validity because they often overestimate treatment effects. In this specific observational study, because the hydroxychloroquine was given with another drug (AZM), it isn't possible to attribute the effects to one drug or the other (or both).

The study also says that safety effects weren't part of the study because the patients were so sick to begin with. Hydroxychloroquine has potentially severe - including deadly - side effects. Which is why "just trying it" on a widespread allegedly prophylactic basis was (and is) such a bad idea... that undoubtedly already contributed to deaths. In addition, of course, to the hundreds of thousands of excess deaths that we experienced in the US as a result of focusing on nonsense such as hydroxychloroquine, internal disinfectants and the like instead of masking, widespread testing, social distancing and other measures that worked well to limit community spread in other places.

Study shows hydroxychloroquine and zinc treatments increased coronavirus survival rate by almost three times (msn.com)

Hello; This should be good news for all of us. It seems the relatively cheap drug combo which is safe actually is a help with the covid virus. This can be a clinical tool if the virus mutates a bit.

Reactions: deeda and Hendre

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
"The observational study, published by medRxiv, found that antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine, along with zinc, could increase the coronavirus survival rate by as much as nearly 200% if distributed at higher doses to ventilated patients with a severe version of the illness."

Random people taking hydroxychloriquine as an allegedly preventative measure is quite different than giving it to already severely ill, ventilated COVID-19 patients.

In addition the results of a single, relatively small observational study are far from conclusive. In the hierarchy of research designs, the results of randomized, controlled trials are considered to be evidence of the highest grade, whereas observational studies are viewed as having less validity because they often overestimate treatment effects. In this specific observational study, because the hydroxychloroquine was given with another drug (AZM), it isn't possible to attribute the effects to one drug or the other (or both).

The study also says that safety effects weren't part of the study because the patients were so sick to begin with. Hydroxychloroquine has potentially severe - including deadly - side effects. Which is why "just trying it" on a widespread allegedly prophylactic basis was (and is) such a bad idea... that undoubtedly already contributed to deaths. In addition, of course, to the hundreds of thousands of excess deaths that we experienced in the US as a result of focusing on nonsense such as hydroxychloroquine, internal disinfectants and the like instead of masking, widespread testing, social distancing and other measures that worked well to limit community spread in other places.
Hello; Funny I thought we got to use a not officially approved vaccine because it is an emergency. Several doctors were reporting good results. Apparently the better use was early in an infection before serious symptoms. By the time folks were on a ventiliator not much help, so the use in severely ill was not the better use. Best I can recall that it did not much help late in an infection was one of the reasons some used to disavow it.

Still seems odd that a drug with a near 70 year history of safe use does not count. I took a quickly developed vaccine which is not yet officially approved and some how a drug with a known history is a bigger risk. Interesting.

in the US as a result of focusing on nonsense such as hydroxychloroquine, internal disinfectants and the like
Hello; there you go with a distortion of the truth again about the internal disinfectant bit. I happened to be watching that press conference . President Trump turned to the two top medical experts at the time and simply asked a question. He did not suggest that people drink bleach. He asked the experts if there was something like bleach people could take that would help. The experts told him no there was not anything like that available. He moved on to something else. This story has been twisted and spun totally out of context and here you go again.
Try this on. Back in the 1970's I managed a drive in movie theater. The concession stand had well water. The pump filled a large concrete holding tank with water. Because the water was used for drinks, cooking and washing I had to add a small amount of bleach to the tank on a regular basis. Not much to be sure.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
I received my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on 1/10/21. No ill effects. I got my second on 2/12. I had mild fatigue the next day. 2 days later I ran a 62 mile race and felt great.

Reactions: Jexnell and deeda

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
My first Pfizer shot made my arm borderline immobile. My second shot gave me chills, a fever, insomnia, body aches, and I threw up a few times.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I spent close to 6 weeks being sick with all the symptoms of covid before it became a world wide phenomenon. Ive had multiple people I work with In vary close proximity and I even use their phones that have been diagnosed with covid and have still not been diagnosed positive after multiple tests. Either it was "walking pneumonia" or I'm now immune (knock on wood). No one said anything about antibodies on my tests but not sure the quick test tells that or not. Most of the people who had it had vary light cases, one had no taste, another had no symptoms but test came back positive, another had cold like symptoms and so on. One person died, he was not in direct contact as he worked in a different department but he died from covid, at least that's what we were told.

• Wow
Reactions: deeda

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
You're mixing things. It's possible for hydroxychloroquine to be both an approved treatment for some things... and not others. The study that you quoted didn't say what you seemed to think it did.

All of the vaccines that are being administered in the US have received emergency FDA approval. All of them have been through rigorous clinical trials - and not just observational studies. Here's more info on Emergency Use Authorizations: https://www.fda.gov/vaccines-blood-biologics/vaccines/emergency-use-authorization-vaccines-explained

Believe what you want about the disinfectant and bleach comments. Sadly it resulted in people actually consuming bleach... https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...e-did-take-bleach-to-protect-from-coronavirus

Hello; Funny I thought we got to use a not officially approved vaccine because it is an emergency. Several doctors were reporting good results. Apparently the better use was early in an infection before serious symptoms. By the time folks were on a ventiliator not much help, so the use in severely ill was not the better use. Best I can recall that it did not much help late in an infection was one of the reasons some used to disavow it.

Still seems odd that a drug with a near 70 year history of safe use does not count. I took a quickly developed vaccine which is not yet officially approved and some how a drug with a known history is a bigger risk. Interesting.

Hello; there you go with a distortion of the truth again about the internal disinfectant bit. I happened to be watching that press conference . President Trump turned to the two top medical experts at the time and simply asked a question. He did not suggest that people drink bleach. He asked the experts if there was something like bleach people could take that would help. The experts told him no there was not anything like that available. He moved on to something else. This story has been twisted and spun totally out of context and here you go again.
Try this on. Back in the 1970's I managed a drive in movie theater. The concession stand had well water. The pump filled a large concrete holding tank with water. Because the water was used for drinks, cooking and washing I had to add a small amount of bleach to the tank on a regular basis. Not much to be sure.

Reactions: james99 and deeda

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I spent close to 6 weeks being sick with all the symptoms of covid before it became a world wide phenomenon. Ive had multiple people I work with In vary close proximity and I even use their phones that have been diagnosed with covid and have still not been diagnosed positive after multiple tests. Either it was "walking pneumonia" or I'm now immune (knock on wood). No one said anything about antibodies on my tests but not sure the quick test tells that or not. Most of the people who had it had vary light cases, one had no taste, another had no symptoms but test came back positive, another had cold like symptoms and so on. One person died, he was not in direct contact as he worked in a different department but he died from covid, at least that's what we were told.
Hello; An antibody test is different from an quick test active infection test. I went to a local Kroger pharmacy to get the antibody test. Blood was drawn and some reagents were added. In about 10 minutes or so it came back negative. Had to pay $25. Those who had the virus will have a natural immune system infection fighting bits in the blood. The test can show if you have had the virus. Not clear as to how correct the test is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store