How much do Gila Monsters go for?

franchise513

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2008
Cincinnati
I read this whole thread and i thought it was awesome. How such a simple question can just spin off into a completly different arguement that fast. Sorry to derail it even more but just my 2 cents.

And i agree with you chloe, I would never spend that money on a gila, not very appealing to me, and anything venomous is quite scary to me

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
franchise513;4370942; said:
I read this whole thread and i thought it was awesome. How such a simple question can just spin off into a completly different arguement that fast. Sorry to derail it even more but just my 2 cents.

And i agree with you chloe, I would never spend that money on a gila, not very appealing to me, and anything venomous is quite scary to me
lol at least u read my posts.
yea it did spiral pretty quick.

tbh i was looking at it from the perspective of someone that doesnt keep hots....so i spose its all relative lol
x

A. gigas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2010
jpstodwftexas;4326841; said:
Quick Question will only a Poor Man who buys a Hot let it run around free and let his/her buddies play with it like a rag doll or would the rich preppy kid do the same thing..

As stated before not everyone rich or poor should own anything.

The price does not guarantee quality of care. I have seen people abuse and Neglect animals because their Novelty has worn off who were wealthy. I have seen people who are considered poor take better care of their animals than most people do.

Just because your poor does not mean you will be irresponsible when it comes to handling a "HOT". Just because your Poor does not mean instead of a kitten or a puppy you let your kids play with a gila monster because you just had to have it to brag to your beer buddies.

Education and Responsible handling does not have to do anything with money.

If anything I believe just the opposite..poorer people will take better care of something because they can not afford to just run out and buy it when it dies.
very well said!

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
baby what? gila? slow ugly lizard, use to catch as kids.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
lol, my brother cought one and it got loose in the house, my mom found it one of her shoes, this about 10 years before she found our got loose rattle snake in the can goods,

DeathStalker

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
United States
Seriously? As a pet? What's the point? Strong, vicious, and venomous - 3 strikes. Unless you like playing with death (like those who keep venomous snakes!) No point in it at all (imho), unless you're a scientist or a venomist.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
you ever had a alligator lizard clamp on you (harmless) but a bit disturbing, gila the same, they clamp and do not like to let go. I have found submersion in water will make them let go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store