How much do Gila Monsters go for?

EricIvins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2009
Florida
cudamaster13;4325094; said:
i just have to go to the california arizona border at the river and just catch a wild one
Ummmm......yeah.......get caught doing it too........thats the fun part.......

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
cudamaster13;4325094; said:
i just have to go to the california arizona border at the river and just catch a wild one
I recommend that you pay the $800 price tag instead of the steep fines, bail, court fees, etc... that would wind up being much more expensive.

here is a good price on one:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=40&de=771548

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
I have one in my back yard, well I had one this spring. We can most likely dig it up, I think I know where it lives???

I'll dig it up today after work and take some pictures, hopefully I don't chop it in half with the shovel?

jpstodwftexas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Wichita Falls Texas
snakeguy101;4320791; said:
and what if he applies for a job as a ranger and they do a background check and this post pops up? I know it is unlikely but it is generally never a good idea to post that you are committing illegal activities on a public forum....

How Many people fill out the alias on their applications

I know I never put down I go by or gone by any of the following nick names on my apps.
jpstod, jpstodwftexas, mr. frogger, ribbetboy or any other forum log in names

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
that does not mean that it is easily traced back to you.

Anyways, this is way off topic again, sorry Chloe. I am gonna go ahead and unsubscribe to this thread before it gets worse. The question has been answered about a dozen times. Now it is just arguing.

jpstodwftexas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Wichita Falls Texas
Quick Question will only a Poor Man who buys a Hot let it run around free and let his/her buddies play with it like a rag doll or would the rich preppy kid do the same thing..

As stated before not everyone rich or poor should own anything.

The price does not guarantee quality of care. I have seen people abuse and Neglect animals because their Novelty has worn off who were wealthy. I have seen people who are considered poor take better care of their animals than most people do.

Just because your poor does not mean you will be irresponsible when it comes to handling a "HOT". Just because your Poor does not mean instead of a kitten or a puppy you let your kids play with a gila monster because you just had to have it to brag to your beer buddies.

Education and Responsible handling does not have to do anything with money.

If anything I believe just the opposite..poorer people will take better care of something because they can not afford to just run out and buy it when it dies.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Egon I hope that you were joking about digging up that Gila.No need to risk killing one just to prove you have it in your backyard.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
krichardson;4327770; said:
Egon I hope that you were joking about digging up that Gila.No need to risk killing one just to prove you have it in your backyard.
Yeah just winding some of the guys up......... having a bit of fun.

Personally I have never seen a wild one alive. I go out snaking quite a bit in Bisbee, Douglas, and I head south west often, just south of the air force bombing range. Ruby road to be exact. Caught hundreds of diamond backs and sidewinders but never even laid my eyes on a live Gila. Found quite a few road kills indicating to me there's a very large population all along the Mexican boarder. Eventually I'm going to see one alive............ then I'm going to have to make a decision. Historically I'm a bad rule follower :naughty:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Egon;4328537; said:
Yeah just winding some of the guys up......... having a bit of fun.

Personally I have never seen a wild one alive. I go out snaking quite a bit in Bisbee, Douglas, and I head south west often, just south of the air force bombing range. Ruby road to be exact. Caught hundreds of diamond backs and sidewinders but never even laid my eyes on a live Gila. Found quite a few road kills indicating to me there's a very large population all along the Mexican boarder. Eventually I'm going to see one alive............ then I'm going to have to make a decision. Historically I'm a bad rule follower :naughty:
Ha ha,untill reading this thread,I was'nt aware that they were under any protected status so tread carefully my friend.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store