How much do Gila Monsters go for?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
yeah, i disagreed with ur point. but i was bein nice :D
Making them more expensive just prices more people out of it. Better enforcement of the permit is the route to go.

Lucky!! but would they work on a crocadillian?? Lucky for me and it thier immune systems are BEAST so hopefully i wont have to worry about a vet too much.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4322909; said:
yeah, i disagreed with ur point. but i was bein nice :D
Making them more expensive just prices more people out of it. Better enforcement of the permit is the route to go.

Lucky!! but would they work on a crocadillian?? Lucky for me and it thier immune systems are BEAST so hopefully i wont have to worry about a vet too much.
my point was how much are they lol

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
oh, lol
i thought u were saying u thought they should cost more so people were sure to have a permit or something like that. my bad

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;4322956; said:
oh, lol
i thought u were saying u thought they should cost more so people were sure to have a permit or something like that. my bad
lol well my original question just got way out of hand.
i do believe that though, but over here. not because of keeping them or anything just to put off ppl that dont have a licence. maybe have a fake price on the front unless u can show u have a licence then the price goes down by a few k lol.

but as i was saying, over here we dont have the resources for ppl that r idiots and buy hots without taking neccesary precausions. if someone gets bitten they will die, simple as that.
over here we need to import the anitvenin and replace something like every 3months and its costs 3k a bottle (this is only what i read from a licensed man over here) so in the UK i believe things should b taken with more caution.

does that make sense?

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
chloe;4323143; said:
lol well my original question just got way out of hand.
i do believe that though, but over here. not because of keeping them or anything just to put off ppl that dont have a licence. maybe have a fake price on the front unless u can show u have a licence then the price goes down by a few k lol.

but as i was saying, over here we dont have the resources for ppl that r idiots and buy hots without taking neccesary precausions. if someone gets bitten they will die, simple as that.
over here we need to import the anitvenin and replace something like every 3months and its costs 3k a bottle (this is only what i read from a licensed man over here) so in the UK i believe things should b taken with more caution.

does that make sense?
well it depends on the antivenon, there are vials that will cost under $100 and there are vials (such as crofab that is used to treat LOCAL bites here in the states) that cost $6,000.

I dont think that the problem can be solved with the price since there are rich idiots too. I think that stricter permitting and enforcement should be enacted. FL for example forces you to have 1000 hours of training with 3 letters of recommendations to back this up as well as annual inspections of the facility and cages the animals are in. I think that this is a perfect system so long as it is properly enforced.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
snakeguy101;4323366; said:
well it depends on the antivenon, there are vials that will cost under $100 and there are vials (such as crofab that is used to treat LOCAL bites here in the states) that cost $6,000.

I dont think that the problem can be solved with the price since there are rich idiots too. I think that stricter permitting and enforcement should be enacted. FL for example forces you to have 1000 hours of training with 3 letters of recommendations to back this up as well as annual inspections of the facility and cages the animals are in. I think that this is a perfect system so long as it is properly enforced.
that is an AMAZING idea.
over here it costs 24k for the licence, but thats once uv built a seperate outhouse with all the requirements in it to meet the specifications for the licence. so its costly to get started in them anyway.

tbh just if shops actually checked people had a dwal then that would b enough lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have'nt seen them for less than a thousand and thats either through a breeder/dealers website or a reptile show.I would like to have one someday.

rudukai13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2010
Colorado
cudamaster13;4325094; said:
i just have to go to the california arizona border at the river and just catch a wild one and then go to jail.
Sorry, incomplete sentences just bug the hell out of me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store