How should I design my 240 Gallon Tank?

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
No boiling or anything as far as I’m aware of and I’m pretty sure one of the members here used them in the past as I found out about them from this site.
So I love the AP-006 plant and the Tree Stump TS-007! Definitely expensive but very pretty. If they had any smaller plants to go with those, that would have been great. Need variety. Do you know of any smaller fake plants that would be of the same quality? In looks?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m sorry to dissappint you but I know of no others. Perhaps check amazon? Unlikely but it is still a choice as you never know.

Reactions: The-Almighty-Zugs

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I’m sorry to dissappint you but I know of no others. Perhaps check amazon? Unlikely but it is still a choice as you never know.
That's fine. You have once again gone above and beyond to help me. So thanks so much.

One more quick question though, I found this driftwood with plants and while it does look a little fake and is expensive would you know either of a more realistic one or of a way to accomplish the same type of thing?

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m here to learn myself and help others so this is truly my pleasure.

Hmm, I truly think that it would be easier in more ways than one if you simply find a piece of driftwood you like then buy a few anubias for it. Anubias nana tends to run $5/$6 I find.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
I’m here to learn myself and help others so this is truly my pleasure.

Hmm, I truly think that it would be easier in more ways than one if you simply find a piece of driftwood you like then buy a few anubias for it. Anubias nana tends to run $5/$6 I find.
Would I need lights for the Anubias nana? It says here that it requires low to medium. Does that mean the rooms lights will be enough? Or does it need something directly on top of it? https://www.fishkeepingworld.com/anubias-nana/

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Oh sorry man, I didn’t see your question last week. I used some of the crappiest lights and the Anubias nana still grew. Slowly but they grew. Anubias isn’t a fast growing plant either way but it grew even slower than normal with the lights. I would imagine, don’t take my words as fact though, that they would grow with no light or whatever lighting you get.
If you wish then I can do a litte experiment and put one of my own anubias in a tank with no lighting? There would be natural sunlight though.

The-Almighty-Zugs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2019
Ontario, Canada
Oh sorry man, I didn’t see your question last week. I used some of the crappiest lights and the Anubias nana still grew. Slowly but they grew. Anubias isn’t a fast growing plant either way but it grew even slower than normal with the lights. I would imagine, don’t take my words as fact though, that they would grow with no light or whatever lighting you get.
If you wish then I can do a litte experiment and put one of my own anubias in a tank with no lighting? There would be natural sunlight though.
No worries. And if you could put some in a tank with no lights that I would appreciate. I can get lights in the future but for right now I can't afford them so knowing if they can survive and maybe grow a bit without any lights that would be crucial information. And do you use root tabs in the sand you use? Or do you attach them to things like driftwood? I'm still looking at substrates and if I'm going to be planting some things I guess that would change what I use.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’ll do that bud. I used gravel to plant mine. They grew fairly well over time in it. No root tabs, just fish poop and whatever drifted down into the gravel was what they had for nutrients.
I actually have some sand left over from when I removed it from a 55, I’ll set up a little 5 gallon with sand inside my cabinet for you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store