Hydrocynus sp. Tiger fish clarification

nathanzhang

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
so what is the second largest atf other than Goliath
I would want to keep it in my community because I fear goliath will scare my aros and armatus will kill anything too small

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Tanzies are second largest. Comparing them to Goliath is like comparing a house cat to a Lion. Gatf are one of if not the most passive of all Tigers, I've kept Vatf, Tatf and Gatf and the G had to be separated from the rest cause it couldn't hold its own....... The Gs also seem to grow slower.

nathanzhang

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2016
Tanzies are second largest. Comparing them to Goliath is like comparing a house cat to a Lion. Gatf are one of if not the most passive of all Tigers, I've kept Vatf, Tatf and Gatf and the G had to be separated from the rest cause it couldn't hold its own....... The Gs also seem to grow slower.
i thought tanzies were basically vittatus and vittatus has a heavier record weight

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
I've kept many different batches of goliaths and while the observation is true that they have all been beat down and chased by others esp by my VATF, I'd like to note the growth rate of all of them has been slow with the sole exception of my current big guy GATF. He's grown very very fast, was much smaller than my V and then surpassed him in the matter of months.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Vittatus has had a thriving sport fishery for almost a century. Tanzaniae and brevis have only recenly been targeted and become popular since the millennium. In this time, both TATF and BATF have consistently produced fish consistently larger that VATF. Both BATF and TATF are roughly second place; they, like GATF, fill the role of apex predator. VATF and FATF are mesopredators.

Red Aimara

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2011
Might be bringing a 9 inch FATF back.

I know this is the smallest of all ATFs; anyone can tell me what will its growth rate like from this size onwards?

Sincere thanks in advance.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Might be bringing a 9 inch FATF back.

I know this is the smallest of all ATFs; anyone can tell me what will its growth rate like from this size onwards?

Sincere thanks in advance.
My big guy (FATF) is at around 9.5" now. And he was around 5.5" when I got him back in august of last year. I think they're slower than all other ATFs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store