I am getting a giant Flemish.. any one else have one.. offer some tips.......

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Ps I have my wife talked into one of these guys now. I want one once the dogs go to doggy heaven (hopefully years away). Thanks Liz!
depending on the dogs.. these rabbits get along great with dogs.. just slowly need to be acclimated and introduced..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Her name is Bet..took a gamble and she turned out to be wonderful choice..

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Just saw this thread! Very cute Liz! I had rabbits growing up and a Rex for 15yrs+ and just a quick fyi the cage you have her in atm... get one 3-4x that you'll need it.. even my Rex we ended up building our own ( a lot of different ways you can build them and find the blueprints In the "backyard" type magz ect you would also find raising chickens ect and will cost less, and be more effective if you're 1/2 way decent w/ a saw and screwdriver.) because trying to find a pre-made or box kit that was actually big enough is almost impossible =/ I've actually seen some really nice hutches for indoor/outdoor use that are more modified chicken coops... same concept really.

In a few years we'll be getting the girls a rabbit ( they just aren't as sturdy as the cats lol) and either a Rex or Flemmy.. great pets!

And My rex got along great with the rest of our pets.. actually played tag w/ the cat... and would cuddle with my parents big collie ect... They do tend to send hunting breeds wacko ( but that's genetics...)

My bunny was named Cinnamon... your girl looks a lot like her color/patternwise. But yours has HUGE ears! lol

GL with introductions to the rest the critters!

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Just saw this thread! Very cute Liz! I had rabbits growing up and a Rex for 15yrs+ and just a quick fyi the cage you have her in atm... get one 3-4x that you'll need it.. even my Rex we ended up building our own ( a lot of different ways you can build them and find the blueprints In the "backyard" type magz ect you would also find raising chickens ect and will cost less, and be more effective if you're 1/2 way decent w/ a saw and screwdriver.) because trying to find a pre-made or box kit that was actually big enough is almost impossible =/ I've actually seen some really nice hutches for indoor/outdoor use that are more modified chicken coops... same concept really.

In a few years we'll be getting the girls a rabbit ( they just aren't as sturdy as the cats lol) and either a Rex or Flemmy.. great pets!

And My rex got along great with the rest of our pets.. actually played tag w/ the cat... and would cuddle with my parents big collie ect... They do tend to send hunting breeds wacko ( but that's genetics...)

My bunny was named Cinnamon... your girl looks a lot like her color/patternwise. But yours has HUGE ears! lol

GL with introductions to the rest the critters!
Haha thanks so much.. i should have called her "all ears"..i think she will grow into them..thanks for info.. yes we are going to have to build a big house for her.. good thing my hubby has built some in the past so he has a good idea of what to do.. he just did not know at the time i wanted a flemish..lol.. thanks !!! And post pics of your Rex if you have some..

Chub_by

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2012
Europe
Finally the pics are loading for me :)

She is a beauty Liz! I really want a German giant now :)

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
depending on the dogs.. these rabbits get along great with dogs.. just slowly need to be acclimated and introduced..
My big dog is a blue heeler. Not a great choice for rabbits...

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
lol your right..

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006