I got a job

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Great advice! Managers are trained with the customer is always right regardless of rudeness. Retail can be brutal on associates so unless customer doesn't call you out of your name or physically touch you stay calm and keep it moving.
IMO it takes a special kind of person to do such a retail job. Dealing with awkward, rude, often confrontational customers, whilst all the time keeping yourself calm and collected, is a big ask in my book.

So this young man already has my respect. :clap

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
IMO it takes a special kind of person to do such a retail job. Dealing with awkward, rude, often confrontational customers, whilst all the time keeping yourself calm and collected, is a big ask in my book.

Oh for sure I wouldn't even comment on the young man if I felt he didn't fit the mold you described.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
I remember when I first started bagging groceries as a teenager.

my favorite memory involving a customer was when I was berated for 30 mins about my college major by an 85 year old lady. I was an environmental science major and she said that I should be a business major. Her reasoning involved climate change being fake and her knowing better than me because she “watches Fox News and reads the Wall Street journal everyday”(no I’m not making that up, that quote is seared in my mind for ridiculousness). She also told me that in 5 years when I was a failure that I would remember what that old lady told me about what I should do in college and how she was right (again not exaggerating). This was my second week on the job and I didn’t know I could walk away from her.

Anyways, moral of the story is to always smile to the faces of ******* customers and relentlessly mock them behind their back. Also feel sorry for them because you clearly have to be an insecure individual to lash out at a service worker doing their job.

Rant over lol.

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I remember when I first started bagging groceries as a teenager.

my favorite memory involving a customer was when I was berated for 30 mins about my college major by an 85 year old lady. I was an environmental science major and she said that I should be a business major. Her reasoning involved climate change being fake and her knowing better than me because she “watches Fox News and reads the Wall Street journal everyday”(no I’m not making that up, that quote is seared in my mind for ridiculousness). She also told me that in 5 years when I was a failure that I would remember what that old lady told me about what I should do in college and how she was right (again not exaggerating). This was my second week on the job and I didn’t know I could walk away from her.

Anyways, moral of the story is to always smile to the faces of ******* customers and relentlessly mock them behind their back. Also feel sorry for them because you clearly have to be an insecure individual to lash out at a service worker doing their job.

Rant over lol.
What did you do to trigger her tirade? I bet you bagged her stuff up and put a heavy frozen chicken on top of her doughnuts, and squashed them all! Tut tut. No wonder she went mad, lol.

And to be fair, she does have a valid point regarding Fox News and the Wall Street Journal! Lol.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
What did you do to trigger her tirade? I bet you bagged her stuff up and put a heavy frozen chicken on top of her doughnuts, and squashed them all! Tut tut. No wonder she went mad, lol.

And to be fair, she does have a valid point regarding Fox News and the Wall Street Journal! Lol.
she asked what my major was I told her environmental science.

funnily enough, a few weeks later I was helping her again, and she once again asked what my major was. This time I said I was undeclared and she gave me a 5 minute rant as to why business was a good choice lol. She completely forgot about our previous interaction

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Just a heads up young man, if you value your new job at Kroger.....don't go referring to customers as a**holes when your bosses are about!!

By the way, I'd like to think I fell into the category of "cool old guy", lol.
I met the store manager today and got yelled 10 times for doing my job the exact way I was told to do it. Already hate her. Also my bosses in the pickup are all young (20-30) so everyone in there is about the same age range meaning it’s fun back there and we can say and do whatever we want lol, I joke around with co workers and bosses about them being ***holes and b**ches and called customer the same to bosses and people I work with.

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati

Its such a hard job, it sounds easy until you figure out what it actually is. I have super bad anxiety and adhd and a lot of other fun stuff so I absolutely dread going car to car and when I have to ask for an EBT or credit or debit card my mind always goes blank. I thought the job would be a bit fast paced but not as much as it actually is. I come home everyday not able to hardly walk because my ankles or knees are so sore, I load 40-50 cars a day with groceries btw

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store