I GOT EGGS now what?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Time to get the baby brine shrimp hatchery going. The fry will need to start eating before they absorb their egg sacks or they will start to die. I would run two hatcheries on opposite schedules. As far as the fungus on the eggs go you can fan the eggs with your hand to separate them from the wigglers then remove the dead ones.

flukeone

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2019
Mauritius
Help!

I'm not home for a few days but my mother is taking care of my fishes

Tge fry became free swimming yesterday

This morning they are clumped together. Is this normal behavior? My mother says they ate a bit of the blended flakes

Any idea? I won't be home until Monday

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Hard to tell in the video, but most likely it’s fungus and the other fry are getting stuck to it. Any dead fry must be removed or it will contaminate the viability of the healthy fry. If they are eating powdered food that’s good but like I mentioned above live baby brine is best to insure they survive and thrive. The fry that isn’t eating the powdered food will soon perish and that’s a normal thing.

Reactions: tlindsey

Canoeist

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2019
Maybe look for a coral target feeder. Like a turkey baster but much more precise. Used to squirt food directly onto corals and anemones. If the tip is too small, cut it back a bit for removing eggs.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Maybe look for a coral target feeder. Like a turkey baster but much more precise. Used to squirt food directly onto corals and anemones. If the tip is too small, cut it back a bit for removing eggs.
Yes a Turkey Baster or a Pipette works once you get the hang of using them.

Reactions: Canoeist
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store