Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Also depends on the state. In some states over 400 is grand larceny

I work in retail. I have caught theives in the store reported them to the police and watched them taken away. They are charged and released pending trial. And ive had them back in the store before my shift was over. This is usually dependant on what is taken and how much its worth, less then $100 not much, more then $100 but less then 400 misdemeanor booked trial and possible jail time, 400+ felony booked trial possible jail time. Also reoccuring issues are escalated.
These people confronting me at the end of my shift after calling the cops on them for stealing from me...... priceless. Lol

Reactions: Dloks

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
If the guy cared soo little about the fish he most likely would have let op have it

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
She wouldnt go to jail on this at all. She would be charged and released its a misdemeanor at best. The prosecutor would likely not even press to go to trial and it would be dropped. If for some reason it went to trial the judge would probably levy some small fine and probation maybe and thats a stretch. The only thing that could happen is the guy could take her to small claims and thats just about money.
Some people are way to over the top on this. On both sides.
Humans, animals, bugs, lives are lives and all precious. It has taken me years to come to this conclusion and terms of dealing with it. I used to think we as humans are no better we are equals. But we are better then animals, but no more deserving of life. There is a difference in believing one is superior and actual superiority. We as superior beings have a responsibility to be stewards of the lesser not abusers. As the saying goes with great power comes greater responsibility. So yes we are better and as such we need to take better care of things around us especially if we capture it or create it and cage it.
Who gets to decide what is good or bad care....? Well maybe thats why she waited and watched and finally decided with her own moral values that it was being mistreated and someone needed to intervene. Again theft as even she called it is an incorrect terminology here. It's more like liberation. Alot of people given the chance to make amends instead turn to vengance and retribution. Instead of taking it out on the person or entity that caused the grief they turn it on the object further treating it poorly on purpose now or out right destroying it. Hence the reason we usually step in and remove the object or in some cases the one mistreating the object instead of just confronting them now.
Dont just think you are superior prove it and do the right things.
Speaking of way over the top lol. Do you feel better now after the sat night soapbox ?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Humans, animals, bugs, lives are lives and all precious. It has taken me years to come to this conclusion and terms of dealing with it. I used to think we as humans are no better we are equals. But we are better then animals, but no more deserving of life.
Hello; I do not know you and have not consciously followed your posts overtime in the sense of forming an opinion about you. I do not intend the following to be an insult but do fear you have missed some of the basic facts of life.

In the natural world life consumes life. (dog eat dog world; survival of the fittest, tooth and claw) We can choose to consume only plant life but it is still consumption. By being alive I occupy a place in the environment and displace something or someone else. By "place" that includes both the physical area of my home, my workplace and recreation areas and even more.
In some other era my total place might have had to be some number of acres immediately around me. Enough area to provide my food, my clothing, my shelter materials and so on.
Now days I have an extended area that I may never see or touch. One example in the Kroger store I frequent. The food I "buy" there" is from some area I depend on and I lay claim in a sense to some fraction of the farms, chicken houses, pig farms, highways, slaughter, processing plants and so on it takes to have food available for me.
The farmers spray for insects that would like to eat my food. Someone kills the rats and rodents that would gladly eat my food before I can. I kill mice, rats, roaches, stinkbugs, lady bugs and all I find inside my house because to have a place for myself they must go. I am superior in that my need for food is superior, at least to me, than the rats and all. If they have to die so I can eat then so be it and I am fine with it. I had some chicken, pasta and capers for supper today.
I may not be superior in some metaphorical emotional sense, but in the real world the vegetables in my garden and more important than the pesky wrabbit that sneaks in to eat it. If I get a chance I will kill the wrabbit and eat it as well.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Facts are facts people get arrested for petty theft all the time and depending on the circumstances people to go to jail for it. Maybe they dont take a plee and cant make bail....lots of scenarios

True but thats how that ada handled it. I worked in jail and trust me i had kids waiting to see a judge for stealing schools bags.

Lol i bet that was interesting after a days work
They dont even see the inside of a cell here. Not for petty theft. There is no bail to make they are free to go unless they have priors. The cops know me by first name on sight now. They tell me all the time they booked them and released them or this guy has priors he'll be staying with "us" for a while.
Yeah it fun ibe had people beg me to drop the charges, which I cant it nots me its the city/state now, offers of money, special favors, two fights. Interesting is a correct terminology.

Reactions: imabot and jaws7777
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store