I stole it and I'm not sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
It's about time we get a mod to read this.

thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter Hendre Hendre Chicxulub Chicxulub
Why tag mods ? The thread has remained civil for the most part. Different strokes for different folks is all

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
We gotta call the mods in? Over a Betta. Really?
I understand there’s two viewpoints on this.
She’s a thief or an animal rescuer.
I think if the title of the thread was I rescued a Betta most of all this thread wouldn’t have even been posted.
I stole it and I’m not sorry. It kinda puts a challenge me sort of vibe to the whole thread from the start.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
She wouldnt go to jail on this at all. She would be charged and released its a misdemeanor at best. The prosecutor would likely not even press to go to trial and it would be dropped. If for some reason it went to trial the judge would probably levy some small fine and probation maybe and thats a stretch. The only thing that could happen is the guy could take her to small claims and thats just about money.
Some people are way to over the top on this. On both sides.
Humans, animals, bugs, lives are lives and all precious. It has taken me years to come to this conclusion and terms of dealing with it. I used to think we as humans are no better we are equals. But we are better then animals, but no more deserving of life. There is a difference in believing one is superior and actual superiority. We as superior beings have a responsibility to be stewards of the lesser not abusers. As the saying goes with great power comes greater responsibility. So yes we are better and as such we need to take better care of things around us especially if we capture it or create it and cage it.
Who gets to decide what is good or bad care....? Well maybe thats why she waited and watched and finally decided with her own moral values that it was being mistreated and someone needed to intervene. Again theft as even she called it is an incorrect terminology here. It's more like liberation. Alot of people given the chance to make amends instead turn to vengance and retribution. Instead of taking it out on the person or entity that caused the grief they turn it on the object further treating it poorly on purpose now or out right destroying it. Hence the reason we usually step in and remove the object or in some cases the one mistreating the object instead of just confronting them now.
Dont just think you are superior prove it and do the right things.

Reactions: imabot

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
She wouldnt go to jail on this at all. She would be charged and released its a misdemeanor at best. The prosecutor would likely not even press to go to trial and it would be dropped. If for some reason it went to trial the judge would probably levy some small fine and probation maybe and thats a stretch. The only thing that could happen is the guy could take her to small claims and thats just about money.
Some people are way to over the top on this. On both sides.
Humans, animals, bugs, lives are lives and all precious. It has taken me years to come to this conclusion and terms of dealing with it. I used to think we as humans are no better we are equals. But we are better then animals, but no more deserving of life. There is a difference in believing one is superior and actual superiority. We as superior beings have a responsibility to be stewards of the lesser not abusers. As the saying goes with great power comes greater responsibility. So yes we are better and as such we need to take better care of things around us especially if we capture it or create it and cage it.
Who gets to decide what is good or bad care....? Well maybe thats why she waited and watched and finally decided with her own moral values that it was being mistreated and someone needed to intervene. Again theft as even she called it is an incorrect terminology here. It's more like liberation. Alot of people given the chance to make amends instead turn to vengance and retribution. Instead of taking it out on the person or entity that caused the grief they turn it on the object further treating it poorly on purpose now or out right destroying it. Hence the reason we usually step in and remove the object or in some cases the one mistreating the object instead of just confronting them now.
Dont just think you are superior prove it and do the right things.
What i posted earlier was not an opinion it was fact. You guys are really confusing cells, jails, and doing time. Someone who is waiting to see a judge is in jail. If they get convicted they're in prison. Two very different things. Your right it might never get to trial and maybe the prosecutor would drop the charges or suggest community service....all of this takes time and does not happen over night. The person is in jail while this is going on.

Petty theft is a crime. Im not judging anyone for it but what Dloks Dloks stated was accurate

#Runtellthat!
download.jpeg.jpg

Reactions: Matteus and Dloks

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I work in retail. I have caught theives in the store reported them to the police and watched them taken away. They are charged and released pending trial. And ive had them back in the store before my shift was over. This is usually dependant on what is taken and how much its worth, less then $100 not much, more then $100 but less then 400 misdemeanor booked trial and possible jail time, 400+ felony booked trial possible jail time. Also reoccuring issues are escalated.
These people confronting me at the end of my shift after calling the cops on them for stealing from me...... priceless. Lol

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Facts are facts people get arrested for petty theft all the time and depending on the circumstances people to go to jail for it. Maybe they dont take a plee and cant make bail....lots of scenarios

I work in retail. I have caught theives in the store reported them to the police and watched them taken away. They are charged and released pending trial. And ive had them back in the store before my shift was over. This is usually dependant on what is taken and how much its worth, less then $100 not much, more then $100 but less then 400 misdemeanor booked trial and possible jail time, 400+ felony booked trial possible jail time. Also reoccuring issues are escalated.
These people confronting me at the end of my shift after calling the cops on them for stealing from me...... priceless. Lol
True but thats how that ada handled it. I worked in jail and trust me i had kids waiting to see a judge for stealing schools bags.

Lol i bet that was interesting after a days work

Reactions: twentyleagues
Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store