I wonder why they did this?

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
JD_MAN;2312647; said:
I have seen some others around here...Fruit Loops, Orange Crush, and others I don't remember.

The video I have has a Pepsi, Mt. Dew, Sprite, and Hawaiian Punch car.

So this is an Indy phenomenon? Do they leave the stock wheels on? Almost seem raised up to look like those cars down south with 9,000" of lift and 24's? :confused:

Aqua Sanctuary

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Internet
www.myspace.com
pdbrady;2312807; said:
Why wouldn't it be?
Because cars are designed with a proper center of gravity in mind. This negates many factors of handling and can cause unexpected behavior of a vehicle if it is driven while raised like that. It also affects the camber, not allowing all of the tire to be in contact with the road on the front end. This affects braking and steering and makes the car more likely to hydroplane. Also if an air bag failed while lifted and driving (which has happened), it could result in an accident that could have been simply avoided.

There are other reasons as well but these are they main focus of my statement.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
I thought it was funny that they left their doors up like that while they were inside eating.

Can't tell from the crappy cell pic, but it had matching interior also. I would be afraid to know how much all of the stuff cost.

pdbrady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2006
Springfield, MO
Aqua Sanctuary;2312873; said:
Because cars are designed with a proper center of gravity in mind. This negates many factors of handling and can cause unexpected behavior of a vehicle if it is driven while raised like that. It also affects the camber, not allowing all of the tire to be in contact with the road on the front end. This affects braking and steering and makes the car more likely to hydroplane. Also if an air bag failed while lifted and driving (which has happened), it could result in an accident that could have been simply avoided.

There are other reasons as well but these are they main focus of my statement.
You don't get out much do you? :grinno: Been around for years: Lifted trucks, huge tires, hydrolics, air bags, lowering springs/control (camber)arms, big wheels, big brakes, c-notches.......There's nothing illegal about any of those if done properly. As for a bag blowing, it's not as bad as you think. A friend had one blow, and it wasn't anything to freak out about. He just had to fix it on location because he was dragging a corner of his bumper. Hell, you could have a spring break, too. Ever seen a leaf spring break? Not cool, lots of damage. There's not a material in the world you could use there that would be 100% guaranteed not to malfunction.

*there are also tires designed specifically for cars of +/- camber also

TribalRage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
Ohio
I don't think I will ever understand how people think big tires look good on low riding cars. They are all over around me.

pdbrady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2006
Springfield, MO
midnight;2312923; said:
thats not high
this is high.....
Now THOSE are rubberbands. Big trucks are doing well with 40" TIRES, let alone rims......Too much though. The barrier was broken at about 30".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store