Icefishing

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
No ice up here yet. The lake where I catch pike usually produces winter pike in the 15-25" range. Once in awhile someone will get a 40"er. Tip-ups with big shiners or suckers work best.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
My parents report our lake is frozen over, with plenty of fishermen out. I look forward to going out. Any tips for walleye would be helpful. I have a good setup, but I suck at finding them.

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
ewurm;602933; said:
My parents report our lake is frozen over, with plenty of fishermen out. I look forward to going out. Any tips for walleye would be helpful. I have a good setup, but I suck at finding them.
I have no clue either how get walleye. Im kinda just going for a bigger jig tip with a shinner or waxworms. The only walleye i ever caught was trolling of lake trout in lake ontario. It was the 1st fish on the day and it was 8lb.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
I DO!!! :) Haven't been in 2 year :(

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
ewurm;602712; said:
Pike in my lake seem very fickle. I cut a very big hole, and jig for panfish with one line, and drop some monster bait on the other line. I love it when the little fish scatter, you know whats coming. I have seen some monster pike investigate my bait, but never had one take it.

In the U.K we use a lot of dead baits for our fishing it normally gets the bigger female pike as they are up for an easy meal. It works well as you set the stop not to the depth you want to fish would work well in the ice if you used an inline float so you didn’t get snagged up.

Stop Knot
http://www.esox.co.uk/new_page_52.htm

nige9.jpg

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I once dropped a dead sucker to near bottom. A big pike came in, looked at it and didn't take it.I was using egg shells on the bottom for contrast, and the pike actually nibbled on the eggshells, but ignored my bait. What type of deadbait do you use? Smelt?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store