Im importing 30WC Imperial zebras Plecos into the USA, Please help!!!

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
culitos;2803090; said:
Hi to all and hope your fish are doing fantastic. I just recovered from a crisis where I lost 3 of them but the rest of them are happy and eating like pics now. I guess my inexperience led me to lose 3 of these wonderful creatures.

Please keep reading....

I'm in burbank area, CA, I fould this contact in the border of Peru that exports WC zebras to japan his prices are better then any local i've seen here in USA. I was just wondering if it will be much trouble to get them out of the airport here in USA.

Has anybody done airport to aiport shipment? if so what do I need to know?

how do I get them out?

how much money do I need to pay at the aiport?

Do I need a license or some kind of permit? he has reserve 30 for me.

Your imput will be much appreciated!!

PS: The contact in Peru is trustworthy, I have friends in Australia that have used him before for other species but regulations are different down under.
We can ship them to you if you want.

Kind regards Anders.

Aquadi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2009
FL
woodchomper;2805846; said:
Be aware that your exporter is breaking the law as well

Breaking the law on which end? It's illegal to export but not import.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
they are illegally smuggled from brazil.... thats what he means by breaking the law... your in cali start contacting some transhippers there are alot of them there... ask them to help you bring them in... also ask your guy if he has one he uses

Unungy

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2009
ca
Thanks Nic.. I'm trying to contact a transhipper to find out the requirements. I can't wait to see if its possible. That will be going to the next level!!!

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
woodchomper;2805846; said:
Be aware that your exporter is breaking the law as well
Your not breaking the law the fish isn't from brazil. You can really bring in the fish yourself it might be cheaper. The safest way is to get a transhipper. One of my buddy imported some and forgot 1 paperwork the guys at the airport took the fish and he lost all 15 zebras. Safest bet is to get a trustworthy transhipper to get them for you.

Unungy

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2009
ca
I appreciate everyones input in this. To me is a really big deal so Im glad there are some good commends here. For those that think i'm doing something illegal i'm sorry.

I bet if you have the chance you will go for it without thinking about it!!

Unungy

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2009
ca
Anders Nielsen just contacted me regarding my add. He reckons that can help me to get zebra plecos straight from Brazil @ 120 dollars + shipping per fish.

I asked a few questions but no many answers though he sadi that will send me some pictures.

"You can talk to nic and nickdog98.
My full name is Anders Greibe Nielsen.
I havent sold any fish. I just find buyers.
I will send you a pic or two later.
Kind regards Anders.

andersp90 "

Can any of moderator shed some light as if soneone know this guy?

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
zenyfish;2807207; said:
Rio Xingú is in Brazil.
Of course it is inspector! The fish can be caught ship somewhere else and ship. Does it matter really they are building dam killing these fish anyways. Breeders like us aren't killing the fish we're replenshing them :D. Plus if it was illegal he wouldn't be able to ship in these fish. You ever tried to order fish from overseas before kid.

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
culitos;2807609; said:
Anders Nielsen just contacted me regarding my add. He reckons that can help me to get zebra plecos straight from Brazil @ 120 dollars + shipping per fish.

I asked a few questions but no many answers though he sadi that will send me some pictures.

"You can talk to nic and nickdog98.
My full name is Anders Greibe Nielsen.
I havent sold any fish. I just find buyers.
I will send you a pic or two later.
Kind regards Anders.

andersp90 "

Can any of moderator shed some light as if soneone know this guy?

Hey how big are they? I can find young zebras here in WI/IL for about 100-150 each.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store