Interesting New (to me) Pellet and Flake Food Source

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Hello everyone,

I don't like buying fish food. It's like dogfood. It will keep your fish alive and some of it will even keep them healthy but it's over priced and usually full of filler.

I was looking into alternatives and found an interesting seller on eBay. I will be the first to admit that I am not a fish nutrition genius but I have enough knowledge to be somewhat dangerous when reading labels. It appears that this guy makes this food in house? I like what I see on some of the ingredient lists and the prices are on par with fairly cheap food at bigboy pet stores.

What do you guys think? Also just a note I am in no way affiliated with this seller. I just thought it was an interesting option for providing a varied diet if it turned out to be a good product!

http://stores.ebay.com/S-and-C-AQUATICS

I have gone ahead and purchased 8oz of the "3 Mini Stick Blend" because it has a mixture of meat and Spirulina based sticks for my Dragons Blood Peacocks. It arrived today.

It took just over 2 days (ordered in the evening 3 days ago) from order to arrival with free shipping. So far so good. It also came with some free samples.

I haven't feed any yet but I wanted to share this and see what others thought. What do you guys think of the ingredients assuming they are accurate? Anyone tried this food before?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I would have tried the stuff on my fish to see how they took to it as soon as it came in.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Hello; print is a bit too small to read.
I was referring to the ingredients listed on his various product pages. My apologies for the confusion.

This is what I purchased
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182258610638

*Mini krill sticks*
Salmon Fish Meal, Soy Flour, Freeze Dried Plankton, Freeze Dried Krill, Dried Spirulina Algae,
Dried-Kelp, Brewers Yeast, Fish Oil, Lecithin, Garlic Powder, The Following Vitamin Supplements: A, D-3,
All Natural Ingredients, Methionine, No Preservatives, Some Coloring, Double Stabilized Vitamin “C”.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude protein 45.0% min., crude fat 4.0% min., crude fiber 3% max., moisture 8% max.
All natural ingredients, except for some artificial coloring. No preservatives

*Mini veggie sticks with calcium*
Green Peas, Salmon Fish Meal, Soy-Meal Flours, Kelp,Seaweed, Krill Meal, Spirulina,
Celery, Carrots, Squash, Spinach and Broccoli. Brewers Yeast, Lecithin, Calcium,
Vitamin/Mineral supplements plus Double Stabilized Vitamin "C", Methionine, No Preservatives.

Guaranteed Analysis:
crude protein 38.0% min., crude fat 7.0% min., crude fiber 7.0% max.,
moisture 8.0% max., all natural ingredients, except for some artificial coloring. No preservatives

*Premium Mini Cichlid Sticks*
Salmon fish meal, dried brine-shrimp, freeze dried krill, freeze dried plankton,
brewers yeast, soy flour, gluten flour. Dried spirulina, beef heart, chicken liver,
garlic powder, paprika powder, earthworm powder, lecithin.

Following vitamin supplements:
a, d-3, b1, b12 & biotin. Probiotics (aid in digestion) all natural ingredients,
no preservatives. Some coloring. Double stabilized vitamin “c”
dried bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried bacillus licheniformis fermentation

Guaranteed Analysis:
crude protein 44.0% min., crude fat 3.0% min., crude fiber 3.0% max., moisture 8.0% max.

I would have tried the stuff on my fish to see how they took to it as soon as it came in.
I would have as well but my tank is at my girlfriend's place. She like the idea of being able to look at and feed fish while I do all the maintenance haha

Reactions: convict360

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Seems like there's still a descent amount of fillers in there I only feed my fish frozen mysis and blood worms they love it. But I also have to perform more water changes for veggies I boil zucchini and for my salt tank I put nori (seaweed) in he tank fish seem fat and happy to me

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Seems like there's still a descent amount of fillers in there I only feed my fish frozen mysis and blood worms they love it. But I also have to perform more water changes for veggies I boil zucchini and for my salt tank I put nori (seaweed) in he tank fish seem fat and happy to me
What kind of freshwater fish do you have that you feed such small food items to?

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Frontosa gobble down mysis and same with my true parrot cichlids. I no longer have large cichlids just saltwater but in my nano freshwater I feed bloodworms and zucchinis. You don't need to feed large food items, small food items goes a long way. I feed exclusively pe mysis to my reef tank that has large triggers and tangs. I feed 5-6 cubes a day. Larger food items just create more waste

Last edited:

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
I just feed a pinch of everything to my Dragons Bloods and nothing remains. They gobbled it all up before it hit the ground. It is important to note that everything I recieved sinks. It was not an issue in the least though atleast for me.

Fish Eat Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Mankato
Haha wow! I think it is the same. I tried to check prices and it looks a little cheaper but I am unsure of shipping. It looks like everything is out of stock. Great find though because it's nearly the same names and looks the same. Is the Ken's stuff good?

They are probably buying wholesale and reselling. Either way I am happy with it but depending on price I may buy directly from the source. The shipping times are pretty hard to beat though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store